Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > CVA wolf reciever issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
thats the manual i have. its pretty useless. ive bee looking for a week now and kicking myself for not taking pics of the parts before i took it all apart
Yeah, i dropped the trigger group out of mine to clean and it popped into a thousand peices...2 days before season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Inlines can be a pita. I'm not having any luck finding anything.
SERIOUS PITA!!

Quote:
yeah im just figuring that out...

if i get it back together i think ill make a how to do it post for other folks dumb as i am for buying one of these.
Your not dumb for buying it. Its a damn fine weapon that shoots straight and devastating to game. Your dumb, as i am, for thinking you can take it apart and get it back together!

Do like i did....contact local gunsmith!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5452 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Doesnt matter how well it shoots if its not easily user serviceable its not worth much to me. I dont want to pay a gunsmith to put it together everytime i clean it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
fmj

Quote:
Doesnt matter how well it shoots if its not easily user serviceable its not worth much to me. I dont want to pay a gunsmith to put it together everytime i clean it.
Just dont drop the trigger group and you'll be fine. After i dis assembled mine i found the springs werent really that dirty. and that was after a few years of shooting. I shoot my wolf quite a bit at the range.

Last edited by fmj; 10-31-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

the hammer was rusting up had to get in there to clean it. im prolly gonna say f-it and get a better designed muzzle loader

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
fmj

Quote:
the hammer was rusting up had to get in there to clean it. im prolly gonna say f-it and get a better designed muzzle loader
imma go out on a limb here and suggest they (inlines) are all pretty close to the same as far as design...

Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
imma go out on a limb here and suggest they (inlines) are all pretty close to the same as far as design...
I was thinking more old school like a lyman flintlock trade gun or something along those lines.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
I was thinking more old school like a lyman flintlock trade gun or something along those lines.
Yeah, sidelocks are pretty cool as well. I have a CVA Hawken...that thing beats the hell outta me. But its killed quite a few deer.

But there again, i took it apart to "fix" and ruined it. I need to send the barrel back to the company for a new one.