Custom stock woes.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Custom stock woes..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

It took McMillan stocks over 4 months for A-5 stock that I have now. It's taking the same amount of time or even more for the stock for the current build.

If you want the good stuff it takes time. However, I'll have to say that McMillan's customer service is much better than I have herd here.

Last edited by mrm14; 07-05-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I had a poor experience with Richards. It took over 4 months to receive my stock from them. I tried calling to check on it multiple times and they would never answer their phone or reply to email. When I finally did get it, they send me my stock and some other poor bastard's as well. It could have just as easily been someone who could have kept the other stock for themselves or turned around and sold it. It had the other guys packing slip so I called him and let him know what had happened and I shipped him his stock. But if I have another option, I won't buy from Richards again.
What kind of a stock did you order? Is it a common action like a remmy 700 or win 70? Or is it some off the wall stock like a sporter stock for a 1917 Enfield with flat bottom metal? If it is a stock that doesn't have a huge demand then they will sometimes wait till they have 3 or 4 order then make them all at once.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #13

Well you guys have given me a bit of hope back, thanks for that!

I have a feeling that the wait is going to be insane for this one..how many of these could they possibly be ordered to produce? If it's as you say, they wait until they have a given number of the same action before they even start production..ugh

Again, it's my ONLY option so I guess I'll quit whining and give it a go

Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #14

Birk,

I have a Herters as U9 as well, let me know if you want to sell your rt handed stock as mine has a crack.