Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Colt Python

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Colt Python

I just bought a NOS Python. When I slowly pull the trigger in DA mode, there is a click or notch feel about 3/4 of the way back. Since I am a novice to this gun, I was wondering if this is normal or perhaps something that will go away after some range time. Sorry for the explanation but that is about the best I can describe. I have not fired it yet either. Thanks in advance for any input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Sandy,

That is normal. It will happen when you activate the trigger slowly by hand. It will pull back the majority of the way then you will feel some resistance almost like a slight bind while the action ratchets and then locks the cylinder into position for firing. If this fairly well describes what you are experiencing it is perfectly normal of the Pythons and some other double action revolvers.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #3

03, that is exactly what I'm talking about. You just made my day. Thank you for your time and information. Sandy