Colt Diamondback .22lr

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Colt Diamondback .22lr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3110 Times on 1787 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Default Colt Diamondback .22lr

Dern thing is spitting to the side and back towards shooter.

The crane does not sit tight and flush (has minimum movement when pressure put on front of cylinder). Looks like someone tried to slam cylinder closed with a flick of the wrist more than a couple of times.

Seems to index correctly. Tight rotation lockup. I'm thinking that the small movement of front of cylinder is not allowing correct alignment.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Dern thing is spitting to the side and back towards shooter.

The crane does not sit tight and flush (has minimum movement when pressure put on front of cylinder). Looks like someone tried to slam cylinder closed with a flick of the wrist more than a couple of times.

Seems to index correctly. Tight rotation lockup. I'm thinking that the small movement of front of cylinder is not allowing correct alignment.

Any suggestions how to fix it?
I would get a new cylinder crane. The forcing cone sits in an alignment hole. You couldn't close the cylinder if there was an issue with the forcing cone. I know it seems like a 22 wouldn't make enough pressure to move the cylinder but a 22 makes more pressure than you think. If you decide to get a new cylinder crane let us know where you get it from. I would like to know in case something ever happens to one of my diamondbacks. If you need a gunsmith let me know. My gunsmith lives, eats and breathes colt. If I ever need to pick his brain I just show up with a colt revolver and a box of shells. That will hold his attention long enough to find out what I need to know.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3110 Times on 1787 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

That is what I was thinking. Thanks.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Lets see some pics

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY