Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   CeraKote finish (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/cerakote-finish-16318/)

mopar2001 07-30-2009 02:23 PM

CeraKote finish

Does anyone have any info on CeraKote finish?? I'm needing to refinish some firearms.:confused:

Gojubrian 08-04-2009 07:00 AM

Either nobody does or nobody gives a crap! :D

Johncnjax 08-28-2009 06:18 PM

Cerakote

Hey, I just had my Para-ordnance LTC .45 1911 which i bought used refinished in a tactical black cerakote finish. This is a great finish. The pistol was what Para called their Regal finish..a really ugly light blue. Alot of wear on the thumb safety, magazine release. This is a totally new gun now. I also had the guy put on Trijicon nights. I need to post some pictures, if you want i could e-mail them, or i will post them on here. $150.00 for a single color. He also does custom laser engraving. The name of the company is GPI, and is located in Jacksonville, Florida. If you need more information let me know.

canebrake 08-28-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johncnjax (Post 152284)
Hey, I just had my Para-ordnance LTC .45 1911 which i bought used refinished in a tactical black cerakote finish. This is a great finish. The pistol was what Para called their Regal finish..a really ugly light blue. Alot of wear on the thumb safety, magazine release. This is a totally new gun now. I also had the guy put on Trijicon nights. I need to post some pictures, if you want i could e-mail them, or i will post them on here. $150.00 for a single color. He also does custom laser engraving. The name of the company is GPI, and is located in Jacksonville, Florida. If you need more information let me know.

Welcome and go to Introductions << Click Here and let us know a little about yourself.

Photos would help! How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

We would like more info on GPI, like a web link or phone #. I'll call and hook them up as a vendor.

spittinfire 08-28-2009 06:35 PM

I would be intersted in this.....please post more information about this vendor.

NGIB 08-28-2009 06:40 PM

On my "home" forum, a well respected member runs his own coating business and offers CeraKote along with other options. I've seen his work and it's absolutely first-rate. I'll be a customer shortly myself. He offers military discounts and discounts to Georgia folks that are members of georgiacarry.org.

Here's the link to his website (tell him NGIB from GPDO sent you)...

Ion Coatings LLC

Gojubrian 10-21-2009 07:02 AM

There is now a vendor here selling the cerakote finish. I'm sure they can answer all your questions. :)

NIC-Kote 03-24-2011 09:14 PM

Cerakote Inforamtion

Please visit the Cerakote home page to find out more information about Cerakote:
NIC Industries - Firearm Coatings

If you do not find the answers to your questions from the website please contact NIC directly at (541) 826-1922 ask for Brandon or Matt.

Lastly NIC has an applicator locator where you can find the nearest Cerakote or Prismatic powder applicator to you

NIC Industries - App search

Jesse17 03-24-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIC-Kote (Post 471833)
***advertisement***

Welcome to the community NIC-Kote!

You’ll find plenty of firearms knowledge on here, as well meet plenty of fun loving, people with common sense. :)

Wow, I can't believe you joind in Aug. and this is your first post! :eek:

NIC-Kote 03-24-2011 09:47 PM

Cerakote Newbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse17 (Post 471845)
Welcome to the community NIC-Kote!

You’ll find plenty of firearms knowledge on here, as well meet plenty of fun loving, people with common sense. :)

Wow, I can't believe you joind in Aug. and this is your first post! :eek:

I do not get involved in the threads just interject information where it is needed without advertising (try not to).
Thank you for the welcome.

~CRK