Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Butt plate trap door hinge pin...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Butt plate trap door hinge pin...

I am trying to repair a BSA .303 cal rifle for an old friend. The trap door in the butt plate is slightly bent and it stands above the plate when closed. I thought I could remove it to flatten it flush with the plate, but I have no idea how. The hinge pin is hidden and I don't know how to remove it. There is no visible hole. Are these similar to the spring-loaded pins for wristwatch bands? Is the hole tack welded shut or peened over? I would appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

buttplate.jpg   buttplate2.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here