Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Bolt pin AMT 380 backup SA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Bolt pin AMT 380 backup SA

Hi, I own a early AMT 380 backup SA and find that taking it apart for cleaning
is a total pain when it comes to the pin bolt removal/reassembly. It seemed that
the pin is just plain to big to take out or put back in. I reduced the pin diameter
for half of the pin and left the part of the pin with the lock ring grove alone. It went
in much easier but was still a snug fit. Has anyone owned one of these and altered that bolt pin so as not to sit there for hours trying to get the pin back in
or back out? It dosen't seem that the pin has to be that tight to function
properly. Whats your take on this? Thanks! Gary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think you'll find that the pin will now work itself loose and "walk" or possibly even come out during firing. Did you try a properly fitting punch? How much/often do you intend to shoot it anyway? I hope I'm wrong but I'd advise you to get another pin.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Something to watch for

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I think you'll find that the pin will now work itself loose and "walk" or possibly even come out during firing. Did you try a properly fitting punch? How much/often do you intend to shoot it anyway? I hope I'm wrong but I'd advise you to get another pin.
I have a feeling you are right. I'm going to keep an eye on it when I take it
to the firing range. Thankyou for your input.