Blank Firing Gun (actually taking apart)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Blank Firing Gun (actually taking apart)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Blank Firing Gun (actually taking apart)

all right guys just to start..i own a glock .40 Caliber and also have a blank .22 automatic..ive been all over google people are saying you cant shoot real rounds from it..but how when it uses the same exact mechanism as a real gun?? I know there is something in the blank gun itself blocking the hole for it not to shoot real rounds..but if i was to take the blank gun apart and take that piece out and did some other key stuff to it would you be able to shoot live rounds?? I know your not supposed to this but i wouldnt use this gun because i have a real one all ready just would be a cool project of mines.

Thanks guys for reading

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9209 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Well, if it can fire LIVE REAL BALL ammo, it is not a blank gun, And the Feds are a tad fussy about that, since there is a Federal Excise tax paid by the maker of real guns, but not blank guns.

To answer, a blank pistol will GENERALLY not be built to the same standards of construction of a real gun- weaker metals, etc. So it is not just replacing one part.

There were some STARTER pistols (think of the start of a track meet) that looked like a regular 22 revolver- but with a very short cylinder, and the barrel was a solid chunk of steel- with a point right above the face of the cylinder. Actually made report louder, and no way to fire a ball round, except replacing the cylinder AND barrel.

IF you replace all the parts, you have rebuilt the gun, spent 4 times what it would cost, and still have a Frankengun that is liable to hurt you. Even 22 LR has some decent pressures.

There used to be a company back in the 60's (may still be around) that made and sold very realistic replicas- even stripped down like real thing- but to get their 1911A1 to shoot, you would replace the barrel, slide, provide a firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor, ejector- and THEN find out that the slide dimensions did not match up. And still have a pot metal frame that would crack at the first shot.

Run a google search for zip gun. And if you do this, please do not attempt to shoot in the area of innocent bystanders.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #3

Default blank guns

they do make realistic working blank guns from $40 to $300?.but they shoot blanks and blanks do not build pressure unless blocked.what is it now a days is it the water or are they putting something in the koolade.from blank guns to making powder or primers.seems some of them have a death wish.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9209 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Wildcatt- some actions cause the AVERAGE IQ of the human race to increase just a little.

Personally, I love the "Can you tell me how to make dynamite?" questions I encounter on some forums.

Answer- why, yes- I am a certified Explosives Engineer- I CAN tell you how to make dynamite. WILL I ? No way.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

IF it didn't blow up on him (which is entirely HIGHLY probable), he would be subject to prosecution for making a working firearm from a "non-gun". No worries, if he has to ask about it, he lacks the skills/means to actually "convert" it.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Answer- why, yes- I am a certified Explosives Engineer- I CAN tell you how to make dynamite. WILL I ? No way.
Sometimes the gene pool needs to get a little bit of chlorine added.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory