Beretta hitting hard
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Beretta hitting hard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default Beretta hitting hard

I have a the AF 92 beretta using average loads but it feels like the slide maxing out on the recoil cycle causing more recoil that what seems like it should . I also have the PT 92 and its not half as bad . Both guns are in like new condition and have had less than 100rnds thru them . Is it possible the springs have gotten weak in it ? Maybe a match grade spring pack would help ? Im not seeing any damage and I know the guns are very close but not the exact same , anyone have / or had this problem or am I just imagining things ? Maybe the previous owner fired some hot rounds and over compressed the spring ? Btw I use alot of blazer ammo in all my 9mm

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #2

After only a few hundred rounds the spring shouldn't have gotten bad BUT go ahead and change it out (very little cost) and see what happens.

Southern California
Anything legal , rifles , handguns , shotguns , black powder

Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

It's possible somebody put in a light spring to shoot target loads.

You can buy a dual rate recoil rod/spring assembly and it prevents the slide from hitting the frame at all. It also softens felt recoil a small amount.

Fire Dragon Pacific National Shooting recoil buffers, comp. barrels

Last edited by bountyhunter; 10-04-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It sounds to me that your recoil spring is too weak. Replace it and that should solve the problem.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #5

Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Kinda what I was thinking , it wants to hit 90 degrees up when the slide come all the way back , but even on my little pt111 I can keep it on target better than the Beretta . I think I saw a pack from '' wolf ? '' IN the midway book for a decent price

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.