Beretta 92--Problems W/accuracy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Beretta 92--Problems W/accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I too also love my 92FS especially for carry. Gun dealers in Nevada close to where you are, since I am in Reno. I can give you numbers, you might have tried those people already; but I will have to agree with you, I asked for a trigger job, and no one wants to mess with a beretta at all. They won't touch it, said it would the void the warranty on the gun. May I ask where you picked yours up at? I don't have a steady dealer right now, so I got mine from Cabela's for a decent price at the time.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If the op bought the gun new, it's covered by warranty and he should send it back.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 AM   #13

QUOTE--- " Did not mean to imply that I was in the military, sorry for the confusion. My Beretta, on the other hand, says you're welcome... " --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OOOps ! Among other maladies, I don't read to well. I do thank you for the advice regardless of the military affiliation !-----Rain supposed to be gone no later than Friday and I'll try the fix then !.................................:

Last edited by Ralphhster; 10-06-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nake48 View Post
I too also love my 92FS especially for carry. Gun dealers in Nevada close to where you are, since I am in Reno. I can give you numbers, you might have tried those people already; but I will have to agree with you, I asked for a trigger job, and no one wants to mess with a beretta at all. They won't touch it, said it would the void the warranty on the gun. May I ask where you picked yours up at? I don't have a steady dealer right now, so I got mine from Cabela's for a decent price at the time.
Bought it at SilverState Firearms in Reno----They will NOT do anything so far as warranty--but-- owner agreed to buy it back for $300.00 !----------I paid $750.00 !
Quote--"If the op bought the gun new, it's covered by warranty and he should send it back. "--Stalkingbear
I did, as I said earlier, call Beretta and was informed something other than "it's covered by warranty".--Thank you for the interest and I wish either the dealer or Beretta had your viewpoint !
BTW---What's an "op" ?

Last edited by Ralphhster; 10-06-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #15

Only $300.00? If you paid that much for it at Silverstate, sell it to Cabela's they will give you 70% of what you paid for it; they have to look at it first, to make sure it is in good condition and everything. You didn't get the INOX did you? I have very little knowledge with the INOX model, but I know it's different than the original 92FS. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate lack of accuracy you are experiencing (the guns fault, not yours, that is).

Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nake48 View Post
Only $300.00? If you paid that much for it at Silverstate, sell it to Cabela's they will give you 70% of what you paid for it; they have to look at it first, to make sure it is in good condition and everything. You didn't get the INOX did you? I have very little knowledge with the INOX model, but I know it's different than the original 92FS. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate lack of accuracy you are experiencing (the guns fault, not yours, that is).
Yup ! It's INOX , I call it stainless , it sure does look "stainless" ! I think the slide may be the only stainless part --the frame,regardless of nomenclature is only aluminum----don't mean to ruffle feathers but even KKM considers this to be a truism and only considers expected barrel life accuracy to be about 2000 rounds due to frame wear against the steel barrel and block .
Nope ! I have already modified the gun and spent quite a bit of money , I don't think Cabelas would consider it a stock gun. I can't,in good conscience, put the original barrel back in it. It was "TERRIBLE" .
Good thoughts though---Thank you !

Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #17

Dang! I was considering getting an INOX model, but not anymore, not with the stock barrel at least. The stock barrel on my 92FS was OKAY at best, after I bought a ported barrel from EFKF for it, it works great and my groups are tighter than they ever where with the stock barrel. As far as modifications go, what modifying have you done to it so far? I am reading more on what people think about the INOX.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #18

PM ed Nake48------------