Beretta 84B rear sight adjustment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Beretta 84B rear sight adjustment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default Beretta 84B rear sight adjustment

I'm looking for some advice,

I've owned a sweet little Beretta 84B 380 for a few years; don't shoot it much. Recently I brought it with me when I went fishing in the mountains with some friends for a few days. One afternoon we set up targets on a tree stump in a safe area and did some target practice. My Beretta was shooting way off to the left and when I looked closer, I could see the rear sight was about a full heavy 1/16" pushed over to the left. I can't believe I never noticed this, but it's possible. My question is, what is a reasonable charge to have a gunsmith re-center the sight? Also, do gunsmiths typically fire the weapon to check accuracy when they are done? I'd do it myself if I thought I could do it without muffing the finish.

Thanks for your advice

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sight adjustment depending where you go typically run $30-50 most shops won't test fire a gun for accuracy because of so many variables but will test for safty

Old 06-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightbuiltarmory View Post
Sight adjustment depending where you go typically run $30-50 most shops won't test fire a gun for accuracy because of so many variables but will test for safty
Thanks Wright,

It's strange, I've never dropped the gun, and it's rarely out of the safe or it's protective gun case. I bought it used from a gunshop years ago, but even if it was dropped or mis-used before I owned it, you'd think there would be some marks of damage on the sight; there's none.

Again, thanks for the feedback