Beginnerís Gunsmithing Quiz!
Phase 1: Beginners Gunsmithing Quiz!
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Beginners Gunsmithing course. I have answered all of questions but during my study and research I am having some problems related to the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.
Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few quiz questions? Please correct my wrong answers!
Thanks for your help.
7. When using the collimator, remember to:
a) use a loose fitting spud
b) keep the collimator from touching the end of the barrel
c) push the collimator in until it is tight against the crown
d) point the collimator at the sun for accurate results
8. Spring on the collimator spud can be positioned up or down in relation to the barrel. True or False
9. When adjusting dovetailed iron sights remember that the:
a) front sight moves opposite of the point of impact
b) front sight moves the same direction as the point of impact
c) front sight cannot adjust for windage
d) rear sight adjusts for windage only
32. When selecting or building a work bench the two most important factors to consider are:
a) width and height
b) height and length
c) strength and height
d) thickness and length
37. When you are wiping the excess oil off your parts during a clean and oil, it is a good time to:
a) test fit them in the receiver
b) inspect them for wears or breakage
c) polish them for extra measure
d) rinse them again if they are not clean
39. When installing a red ramp the ends of the ramp slot must be:
a) wider at the top than the bottom to keep the ramp in place
b) square to the top of the ramp
c) narrower at the top than the bottom to keep the ramp in place
d) rounded at the top
40. When collimating a scope, the windage, and elevation adjustments:
a) should be near the center of their range when finished
b) do not have to be centered
c) should loc-tited in place when finished
d) can be left where they are