Barrels
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I've noticed an uptick during the panic of hack parts getting peddled both at gun shows and on Arms list.. I'm sure this has always been a problem.. Recently went to buy a M4 barrel, but it did not have the mfg name or caliber stamped on it.. IF THEY WON'T PUT THIER NAME ON IT, IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PUT ON YOUR AR.. End of story..

I did not purchase it.. I was certain the guy told me it was a Daniel Defense .. He claimed that's what he thought it might be.. Daniel Defense will mark what they make.. They are proud of what they make.. For the old timers this is nothing new, for you new guys .. Be wary.. Many of us are trying to recruit and draw as many people as we can into shooting sports.. Ripping people off and selling them poor quality parts not only hurts us all but can even become fatal..

Last edited by SeaCapt; 08-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCapt View Post
I've noticed an uptick during the panic of hack parts getting peddled both at gun shows and on Arms list.. I'm sure this has always been a problem.. Recently went to buy a M4 barrel, but it did not have the mfg name or caliber stamped on it.. IF THEY WON'T PUT THIER NAME ON IT, IT'S NOT HOOD ENOUGH TO PUT ON YOUR AR.. End if story..
my Bushmaster doesn't have their name on the barrel. just the caliber and twist ratio. it works fine.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

This one didn't have twist or caliber there was not a mark on it.. Caliber would be the bare minimum I would suspect .. Especially if they put the effort into hammer forging and (or)chrome lining a barrel..
gunnut07 Likes This 
Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCapt View Post
This one didn't have twist or caliber there was not a mark on it.. Caliber would be the bare minimum I would suspect .. Especially if they put the effort into hammer forging and (or)chrome lining a barrel..
okay, i see your point now. yes, it being marked with the caliber should be the bare minimum of markings.