Baldor Double Wheel Buffers

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Baldor Double Wheel Buffers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Baldor Double Wheel Buffers

Has anyone had experience polishing long guns with the Baldor Buffers? I've used Baldor motors in other applications and they performed very well but I wonder how they do for polishing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeStreet View Post
Has anyone had experience polishing long guns with the Baldor Buffers? I've used Baldor motors in other applications and they performed very well but I wonder how they do for polishing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
i have never used them for polishing guns or gun parts, but have used them in the past for polishing chrome and stainless trim for car parts. never had any problems with them at all.

the motors are great and have a great reputation. just really need to use the correct polishing wheels and compounds to get the desired finish.

check out the Brownell's catalog or website. IIRC, they carry a wide assortment of wheels and compounds for polishing.

another source would be Eastwood's. pretty much a car restoration supply, but they carry the different wheels and compounds and buffing motors as well.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #3

Liked 124 Times on 78 Posts

Baldor buffers are the finest buffers made.

Bill DeShivs

Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your help.