Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > auto 22 rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 22 rifle convred to full auto is illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp_man2003 View Post
I was not agreeing with the guy just saying that alot of people think that some how 22's are not included in the law i mean after all its only a 22. No im not that stupid to think that way i prefer to read up on my laws. but there are alot of people who think that way. Just my two cents Anthony
22 rifle converted to full auto is illegal
do no do it
un lless you like to go to jail for many years and pay a real big fine

Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8444 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Anthony- for anyone that thinks it's "just a 22" I have fired an American 180. 22LR full auto- with a 177 rd mag. WHATARUSH! Cyclic rate of fire is about 50 rounds a SECOND. And yes- that was a legal firearm- property of the US Govt. Ref: trollers- and trolls- agree it may be a waste of bandwidth- but for the anti-gun trollers, and the not-so-bright trolls, it has been my habit to give them a direct answer. They tend to go away. Ranks right up there with the "Does anyone know how to make explosives?" question. Yes, I do know. Do that for a living. No, I won't tell you. Because you are an idiot- or you are a 14 yr old idiot. (pant pant pant pant) Sorry, gents, I feel much better now that I have gotten that out of my system.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #13

Default Hey

I Asked A Basic Question Not For You To Commit Any Crime With Me Who The Hell Do You All Think You Are I Dont Even Live In The Usa I Asked A Basic Question That I Was Curious About Get Off Your High Horses If You Dont Want To Answer Dont No One Begged You Did They And Not 1 Of You Actualy Had The Answer To The Question Did You.
You Just Wanted To Put Your Useless 2 Bob Worth In So Thanks Dad Is Was Worth Just Thats Jack Sh*t

Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattivo View Post
I Asked A Basic Question Not For You To Commit Any Crime With Me Who The Hell Do You All Think You Are I Dont Even Live In The Usa I Asked A Basic Question That I Was Curious About Get Off Your High Horses If You Dont Want To Answer Dont No One Begged You Did They And Not 1 Of You Actualy Had The Answer To The Question Did You.
You Just Wanted To Put Your Useless 2 Bob Worth In So Thanks Dad Is Was Worth Just Thats Jack Sh*t
My My, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

So you are trying to say that in Queensland Australia it is within the law
for you to convert an Australian Class C weapon into an Australian class
R weapon?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #15

not at all but i wasnt asking for legal advice i dont even own a 22 to convert if i wanted too but thats not the point when you ask a guy at a mechanics how do i hot the engine up in my car he doesnt reply go away you dont want to do that that is too much power you have an accident and kill someone and go to jail whats the point of freedom of speech if you are too scared to use it!!!
isnt chat rooms what freedom of speech is all about I ASKED A BASIC STRAIT FORWARD question as im curious about gunsmithing but no body even wanted to ask that they just wanted to asume and get on the high horse
......CATTIVO

Last edited by cattivo; 05-27-2008 at 09:54 AM.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

No "high horse" involved. Just a desire to remain on the right side of the bars.
In the US, an in depth discussion on illegally converting a gun to full auto
is "conspiracy to commit a crime". Felony. Most of the people on this forum
are from the US, and NOBODY is going to answer your question.

Must be different in Australia---you are still walking around. Or maybe the
authorities just haven't gotten around to scooping you up yet.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2608 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 203

There is no criminal offense in sooping up the engine in your car (undermost circumstances). There are SEVERE consequences in converting a firearm into a machinegun (even if it is a lowely .22).

If anyone were to be foolish enough to respond to such a question in a public forum such as this, he/she would likely be arrested by one of our wonderful Federal employees sworn to uphold the firearms laws of the land.

If one were inclined to gather knowlege (for educational purposes only) on the conversion, one would be well advised to consult works by Duncan Long and Ragnar Benson.