auto 22 rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > auto 22 rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default auto 22 rifle

hi gang
does anyone know how to turn a 22 rifle in to full auto and what sort of 22 is the easiest to do this with and is there a model that makes it easy then most for conversions many thanx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9363 Times on 4037 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

You DO realize that you are on a public forum, and asking people to help you committ a Federal Felony punishable by confinement in prison for 10 years, and a fine of $250,000 ? In case no one mentioned it, manufacture of a machinegun (and make no mistake, converting a semi to shoot full auto IS manufacturing a machinegun) requires jumping through some serious legal hoops with the BATFE- and no- despite what you may hear, there is no "easy" means of converting a semi .22 to SAFELY and RELIABLY function as a full auto. Now, let me introduce you to your new roomie- Bubba. I'm sure you will get along just fine.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Well---assuming the feds haven't scooped you up yet----there were a few
full auto sears for Ruger 10-22's registered before the 1986 cut-off on new
machine guns. Can't remember the manufacturer, something like Merrell??
Expect to pay several thousand for one, plus the $200 NFA tax stamp.

Or you could become a SOT/manufacturer, but somehow I don't think that's
what you are interested in.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:45 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You DO realize that you are on a public forum, and asking people to help you committ a Federal Felony punishable by confinement in prison for 10 years, and a fine of $250,000 ? In case no one mentioned it, manufacture of a machinegun (and make no mistake, converting a semi to shoot full auto IS manufacturing a machinegun) requires jumping through some serious legal hoops with the BATFE- and no- despite what you may hear, there is no "easy" means of converting a semi .22 to SAFELY and RELIABLY function as a full auto. Now, let me introduce you to your new roomie- Bubba. I'm sure you will get along just fine.
Save your breath bro, I got a feeling this was a fishing expedition and the person posting already knew the answers and the punishments.

This was a waste of forum space and the Mods should look into running some IP parity checks and perhaps banning this user.

This forum is not about commiting federal crimes and assisting in illegal activities. This forum is for the sharing of information between licensed, legal and law abiding citizens.

JD

Old 05-23-2008, 04:54 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

First off in not sticking up for this fellow but alot of people even a few leo's in my area are under the impression that fully auto 22's and 25's are compleatly legal to own and shoot with out any special types of permits. Just a different point of view for ya. thanks Anthony

Old 05-23-2008, 05:28 AM   #6

^ Really?? Because I can't think of a single state I have ever worked in that would consider the backyard conversion of a semi auto firearm of any type into a full auto firing weapon legal. Maybe you could skirt the laws with a compressed air BB gun, but I am pretty sure any .22 or .25 caliber firearm, that being a cartridge firing a projectile that is propelled by gunpowder, is illegal to possess without the appropriate license/tax stamp and background checks.

But hey - Feel free to do as you think is A-okay in your neck of the woods, it's not like the guys at the A.T.F. aren't renowned for their compassion and understanding.

JD

Old 05-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2944 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

There are stupid people everywhere. Many end up with an extended stay at Club Fed. There are anti-gunners amongst us that would LOVE to get a detailed answer to a stupid question like that. It would be all over the New York Times the next day. Could be a desk bound ATFer looking for his next big career making score. Could just be a stupid kid that is looking for some "fun" with dad's old .22

Old 05-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
There are stupid people everywhere. Many end up with an extended stay at Club Fed. There are anti-gunners amongst us that would LOVE to get a detailed answer to a stupid question like that. It would be all over the New York Times the next day. Could be a desk bound ATFer looking for his next big career making score. Could just be a stupid kid that is looking for some "fun" with dad's old .22
Agreed.

JD

Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Save your breath bro, I got a feeling this was a fishing expedition and the person posting already knew the answers and the punishments.

This was a waste of forum space and the Mods should look into running some IP parity checks and perhaps banning this user.

This forum is not about commiting federal crimes and assisting in illegal activities. This forum is for the sharing of information between licensed, legal and law abiding citizens.

JD
I couldn't agree with JD more just another fishing expedition

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was not agreeing with the guy just saying that alot of people think that some how 22's are not included in the law i mean after all its only a 22. No im not that stupid to think that way i prefer to read up on my laws. but there are alot of people who think that way. Just my two cents Anthony