ATIS/Brescia shotgun

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > ATIS/Brescia shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default ATIS/Brescia shotgun

Got another one of those “what the he….” Put a recoil pad on a customers ATIS/Brescia shotgun, refinished his stock, and repaired fore-end crack, cleaned etc. Well somewhere along from then till now it appears the “carrier dog spring assembly” decided to go back to Italy, plumb disappeared! It’s a Francie 48 clone of a Remington 1148 clone of the Remington 11 clone of the original Browning A5 design. So it’s a long recoil type action, now it’s a single shot long recoil shotgun. Has anyone have any idea where I can get a schematic, or idea of what the spring assembly may have looked like? Good returning customer, out of work, needs a break, and I’m flipping the bill on this one; I guarantee me work for a year, I took it apart, I must have lost the part or what ever so it’s my problem. If I can get an idea I may be able to recreate the part or something.

dsc01444.jpg   dsc01448.jpg   dsc01447.jpg   dsc01449.jpg   dsc01446.jpg  

"A man with rust on his gun, is man without honor"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not being familiar with that model/brand of shotgun I'd think you need to get with the manufacturer for schematics/parts. Look on gunpartscorp for similar schematics. Wish I could help you but I've not had to work on those model shotguns before. You could get 1 for a different model and bend it to shape once you know what it's supposed to look like-but then you realize that. It looks like a fairly simple spring to make but I can't tell that much from the pics without the gun being in front of me.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!