Ar15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Ar15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ar15

I'm trying to get myself an AR15 for under 1000 dollars, and have several ideas of how to do this. The first is to buy a used gun, but I don't know the laws for buying guns online or from other people, plus I'd rather have new parts. The alternative that I'm more fond to at the moment is to buy parts. Now there's a couple of things I need to know to do this; first, what are the rules for buying parts online? Are there certain parts that are harder or illegal to get? i.e. barrel.

Also, I have a full metal M4 electric airsoft gun by ArmaLite so I was thinking that I would be able to take a few parts from this and put it into a newly constructed gun- stock, lots of lower parts, rails...all the ascetics. But This might not even be worth it as these are probably the cheapest parts anyways. So any tips on how I could get an AR15 for under 1000 dollars would be much appreciated! Thanks for the time.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Check out this thread on the AR-15 Discussion forum. You can come away with a very nice AR-15 for well under $1000.

You can buy everything you need online. The lower receiver (finished or unfinished) is considered the actual rifle by law, so you will need an FFL to get one online. Or, buy a lower at a local gun store or gun show as you would any other long gun.

I recommend you be sure of the laws where you live to be sure what you're building is legal for your locale.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

air soft parts for building a AR...... dam......just when you think you heard it all up pops....well......nm

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=huntman1412;21738]I'm trying to get myself an AR15 for under 1000 dollars, and have several ideas of how to do this. The first is to buy a used gun, but I don't know the laws for buying guns online or from other people, plus I'd rather have new parts. The alternative that I'm more fond to at the moment is to buy parts. Now there's a couple of things I need to know to do this; first, what are the rules for buying parts online? Are there certain parts that are harder or illegal to get? i.e. barrel.

Do you want a Match grade AR-15? Go to Rock River Arms. I bought one with a detacheable Carry Handle w/national match 1/4 x 1/4 moa .030 hooded aperture sight, 20" Stainless air-guaged bull barrel, A2 stock, thermo-mould free-float handguard, 1:8 twist, (2) mags, sling, hard case and 3/4"moa accuracy guarantee for $915. The rifle lists for $1215, but if you know someone with an FFL that will give you a signed copy and let you order it and have it shipped to his address, you will save $300 like I did. Incidentally, mine shoots better than 1/2" at 100 yds. with my reloads.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #5

a stripped lower can be bought and shipped to your ffl for $100 + shipping and transfe.

complete parts kits, less lowere, can be found for under $500 and be shipped right to your door.

it all depends on what your looking for.