AR feeding issues? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > AR feeding issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

He didn't have anything bad to say about the gunsmith. He really likes the rifle. He just really really regrets buying the cheap cheap stuff. I told him if you just pay the extra few bucks you won't regret anything and you won't be disappointed. I guess for a young white male with no job but shooting every weekend and buying a new rifle, he would take the cheap way out. He knows he doesn't HAVE to reload but if you have the brass, why not just reload them yourself. I told him if he bought the press, I would store it in my shed and even do them at no cost since we always shoot together and we shoot at least once a week.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #12

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Alot of people say wolf and tula is underpowered and crap . Why is it that so many other peoples ARs do not have a problem cycling that crap ammo ? If your life depended on it and thats what you have available you better be able to count on your gun to run that crap because brass may not be available . You have a gun issue not a ammo issue . I will catch alot of flack over this but I have 4 ARs all 4 run steel and brass ammo without any issues besides one bad GI mag I bought new , pitched that POS in the trash and bought the rest in magpul mags and never looked back . I keep my guns very very wet , if it doesnt come spraying outta the ejections port on the first shot its not wet enough . a few friends think I run it to heavy but I DO NOT have issues with my guns . I know of a few people have high end , high dollar guns that wont run steel and they also blame it on the ammo , I load up 20 rds of their crap ammo and it runs fine thru mine , kinda makes them think about their high dollar purchase . Makes me think why spend $1400 on a gun when a $800 gun runs circles around it , this isnt the case with every high end gun so dont take it the wrong way ,
all companies kick out a POS every once in a while and someone gets on the net and gets a butt hurt out of it and starts bad mouthing a certain brand . It happens !!, you fix it and move on . Maybe mine are over gassed ? I would rather have it that way than undergassed and not run properly . Take it back and have them make it right , if they cant make it right unload it and get something else that will run that ammo . If he wants to unload that ammo have him get ahold of me I will put it to good use .
All this comes back to which AR is best question ? its the one that is accurate , reliable and runs anything you cram in the chamber .
I will say it one more time this is a gun issue not a ammo issue

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-27-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx View Post
I told him if he bought the press, I would store it in my shed and even do them at no cost since we always shoot together and we shoot at least once a week.
That's a hell of a good deal actually. Then again, without a job, the cost of reloading gear and supplies ain't exactly cheap.

Good luck and keep us informed on the progress.

JD

Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Alot of people say wolf and tula is underpowered and crap . Why is it that so many other peoples ARs do not have a problem cycling that crap ammo ? If your life depended on it and thats what you have available you better be able to count on your gun to run that crap because brass may not be available . You have a gun issue not a ammo issue . I will catch alot of flack over this but I have 4 ARs all 4 run steel and brass ammo without any issues besides one bad GI mag I bought new , pitched that POS in the trash and bought the rest in magpul mags and never looked back . I keep my guns very very wet , if it doesnt come spraying outta the ejections port on the first shot its not wet enough . a few friends think I run it to heavy but I DO NOT have issues with my guns . I know of a few people have high end , high dollar guns that wont run steel and they also blame it on the ammo , I load up 20 rds of their crap ammo and it runs fine thru mine , kinda makes them think about their high dollar purchase . Makes me think why spend $1400 on a gun when a $800 gun runs circles around it , this isnt the case with every high end gun so dont take it the wrong way ,
all companies kick out a POS every once in a while and someone gets on the net and gets a sore A55 out of it and starts bad mouthing a certain brand . It happens !!, you fix it and move on . Maybe mine are over gassed ? I would rather have it that way than undergassed and not run properly . Take it back and have them make it right , if they cant make it right unload it and get something else that will run that ammo . If he wants to unload that ammo have him get ahold of me I will put it to good use .
All this comes back to which AR is best question ? its the one that is accurate , reliable and runs anything you cram in the chamber .
I will say it one more time this is a gun issue not a ammo issue
I will let you know if he wants to get rid of it. He was thinking about it.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That's a hell of a good deal actually. Then again, without a job, the cost of reloading gear and supplies ain't exactly cheap.

Good luck and keep us informed on the progress.

JD
I will let you know. Its pretty funny how many people are trying to get rid of their reloading benches in my area. He will surely pick one up soon.