Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Anyone installed the Graco adjustable comb hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Anyone installed the Graco adjustable comb hardware

I've got the hankering to travel a road less traveled and try my hand at a pretty complicated procedure. I have a 1100 that I resurrected from the dead and figured this would be the best gun to experiment on.

Haven't quite made the for sure decision due to money, but never the less I am researching it. Any advice?

thanks
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd use a bandsaw with a thin blade to do the cut and make DAMN SURE of your cut before you cut out the comb. Don't use a lot of pressure when making the cut or it WILL go "crooked". Then you'll have the fairly complicated job of inletting for it. Take your time and keep trial fitting as you go. Once you get done you'll wonder what all the fuss was about in regards to it being hard to do.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-12-2011, 03:20 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks Bear. You said exactly what I needed to know. Hopefully in March I can convince the wife to let me buy some stuff from a couple of members here and the hardware to do the comb on my 1100.

Thanks again,
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me