Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Anti-Rust Tactics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

How many message boards are you going to post the same exact question and get the same exact answers?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #12

I know this is an old thread, but I use car wax on my blue steel firearms to protect them from rust. Not the liquid, but the paste car wax....just like waxing a car, put a dab on the applicator and put it on in small circles, covering all of the exposed metal. Let it dry to a haze, and buff it off with a clean cloth, or a clean applicator.
no rust, no fingerprints, and it makes the blue shine like it is new....

Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Riddle me this...why is it bad to store a firearm in foam and yet when you buy just about any firearm its encased in foam or is that something else that looks like foam and is something akin to silicone?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Riddle me this...why is it bad to store a firearm in foam and yet when you buy just about any firearm its encased in foam or is that something else that looks like foam and is something akin to silicone?
Good question.. Most of my long guns are stored in gun cabinets that are lined with foam. they've been stored that way for years and no rust. I keep a few desicant bags inside the cabinets which may be helping. If not in a cabinet, they are all stored in cases or gun socks. Pistols and revolvers the same way. No rust..

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"