AK47 front sight help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > AK47 front sight help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default AK47 front sight help

I bought a WASR10 AK47 last week and didn't notice the front sight was tilted to the left a little bit. Not much but maybe less than an 1/8". I mean the entire front sight housing that fits directly onto the barrel and seems to be attached with 2 pins.

Now the windage adjustable sight in the middle was set to the right.

My questions are:

1. Can this be fixed?
2. Do they test fire these guns before sale and was the front sight set to the right to compensate for the housing off to the left?

I have the windage and elevation tool to set the front sight but can the housing itself be corrected?

I went back to the gun dealer and asked to see another AK just like mine and the same condition was present just in the opposite directions.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Tom :D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default AK 47 Front Site Help

Hello Tom

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

If It were me, I'd let it ride till you take it to the range, I've seen a lot of AK and SKS with site that looked off, but shot dead on? It's a matter of 100Yard range, a Nice day and try it out? If it is off, you might try one of the front site pushing tools Tapco and othes have them for under 10$, I bet even if it's off, one of those will bring it back in? Do yourself a favor and Try it before you adjust anything! If you start cranking on stuff, no telling where it will hit, start out at 50 yards, if not far off, move to 100, if still on a Human target size target, leave it alone! If not get back to us wheich way it's off and we can talk you through the moving the front site, OK?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello Tom

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

If It were me, I'd let it ride till you take it to the range, I've seen a lot of AK and SKS with site that looked off, but shot dead on? It's a matter of 100Yard range, a Nice day and try it out? If it is off, you might try one of the front site pushing tools Tapco and othes have them for under 10$, I bet even if it's off, one of those will bring it back in? Do yourself a favor and Try it before you adjust anything! If you start cranking on stuff, no telling where it will hit, start out at 50 yards, if not far off, move to 100, if still on a Human target size target, leave it alone! If not get back to us wheich way it's off and we can talk you through the moving the front site, OK?
Ron,
I appriciate your offer of help. I may need it.

I have the Tapco tool so no problems there.

My sight post is off to the right to compensate for the sight housing being tilted to the left. The gas tube looks pretty straight. I found this tutorial on another web site.

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fsbcantfix.htm

Looks pretty easy to me. The tutorial picture is exactly what mine looks like. It would drive me crazy to leave it like that. I'm going to fix it.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:55 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's finished. Looks great.