AK Crooked Front Site

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > AK Crooked Front Site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AK Crooked Front Site

im sure this has come up before but i went 7 pages back in here and saw nothing on it.

I have a Maddi im putting a collapsible stock on and noticed something i somehow have missed this entire time. my entire front sight post is leaning to the right. its not bent or warped, but just cocked to the right.

Now my question is, how exactly does one fix this? near the base of the threads on the barrel there are welds on both sides, seemingly holding it in place. obviously im going to have to grind those the hell off, but honestly, is there something else in there i should worry about fu*king up?

Furthermore im actually planning to forgo the whole damn thing. i have to get it lose, knock it back into place, then find a welder that will have some kind of balls to touch a gun and or have his jackass friends and co-workers stand around to give me 2 tacs in 10 mins. then hope it stays straight though all of that. to hell with that, is there anything i would hurt by keeping it off?

thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here