Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Action 3 wire roller holder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Action 3 wire roller holder

The spring (wire roller holder) on my Action 3 extractor broke (MP5 clone 9mm). Is it difficult to replace? Could someone let me know how or provide me with a diagram explaining this? Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
The spring (wire roller holder) on my Action 3 extractor broke (MP5 clone 9mm). Is it difficult to replace? Could someone let me know how or provide me with a diagram explaining this? Thanks!
Ok, with the help of Tabasco from HKpro, along with some info from other sites, I was able to figure out (for the most part) how to install the "S" wire roller retainer for an MP5 Action 3 Bolt.

The instructions I have are for replacing the older retainer plate, but my Action 3 Bolt uses the "S" wire roller retainer.

It looks like the process should just about be the same to replace both pieces, so 'm going to give it a shot. However, if anyone here has any tips for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! I have included the instructions and diagrams below.

Thanks!
mp5-action-3-bolt-diagram.jpg   mp5-bolt-group.jpg   mp5-bolt-group-part-2-.jpg  

Last edited by ARnoob; 04-02-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: attachments

Old 04-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My wife actually got the wire retainer onto the rollers and into the bolt carrier for me!