80% ar15 lower
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 80% ar15 lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 80% ar15 lower

I am looking to buy one of these. What toolswould I need to finish it. I have access to a drill press and can maybe find a CNC,

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

There like what $20 each , I think I saw some where . dont waste your time or money , getting someone to CNC that is going to cost you more than buying 10 finished ones. If its the lowers Im thinking of , there still going to have to be registered with a serial number . and im sorry I got the door slammed shut on your other thread due to my dumb whittedness

Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #3

according to this, iwouldnt need a Serial. I live in TX where i dont have to register guns

https://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-lower-receiver.html

Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #4

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton View Post
according to this, iwouldnt need a Serial. I live in TX where i dont have to register guns

https://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-lower-receiver.html
You won't need a serial number but...only you can machine it, finish it and own it.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Maybe someone can better explain this to me . So when you go buy a new gun from a dealer they don't register it in your name ? I thought this was a federal law ?
Now I understand that when you buy from a private individual it doesn't get done . But anytime a gun is built doesn't it require a serial number unless its for your own use and not resaleable ?

Old 02-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Maybe someone can better explain this to me . So when you go buy a new gun from a dealer they don't register it in your name ? I thought this was a federal law ?
Now I understand that when you buy from a private individual it doesn't get done . But anytime a gun is built doesn't it require a serial number unless its for your own use and not resaleable ?
if it is going to be sold or gifted, it needs a serial number. Im going to put one buts it is going to be something crazy. like 0110110110 or ZOMBIE maybe even michaelbarton

Old 02-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
You won't need a serial number but...only you can machine it, finish it and own it.
i know. if i can get somebody with a cnc, ill have them upload a pattern then ill press go lol

Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #8

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
The serial number belongs to the gun, there is no list of registered weapons in the US...officially anyway. When you fill out the 4473 the form is only kept by the FFL and the purchase is recorded in his bound volume. Only if a gun is used in a crime is the serial number used to trace it's path of ownership. The BATF is prohibited by law from compiling a list of gunowners and guns owned.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

The serial number belongs to the gun, there is no list of registered weapons in the US...officially anyway. When you fill out the 4473 the form is only kept by the FFL and the purchase is recorded in his bound volume. Only if a gun is used in a crime is the serial number used to trace it's path of ownership. The BATF is prohibited by law from compiling a list of gunowners and guns owned.
They do anyways, unofficially.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk