Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > .380 smith & wesson bodyguard trigger help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .380 smith & wesson bodyguard trigger help

...Does anyone know what has to be done to IMPROVE the terrible trigger on the .380 Bodyguard by Smith & Wesson???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Dry firing about 500 times.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 1904 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Considering it is a pocket gun, they did design it with a long pull. But I understand some came out of the factory with overkill in that department.

I've probably put over 500 rounds through mine at this point, and I'm satisfied with the trigger now. If it's really a problem, I'd take it to a gunsmith and have them to a trigger job on it. They should be able to smooth it out.

I wouldn't recommend any lighter springs. For a carry piece, I want something with a long, heavy trigger. In a critical situation, I'll have enough adrenalin pumping through my veins to make 8 pounds feel like 8 ounces.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #4

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I hated mine so much I tried to return it!

Dealer would not take it back nor would he send it back to S&W, S&W did not acknowledge my emails either.

I clean my fireams after each shooting and after about 500 rounds over three times in my range I now consider it a good weapon.

Cleaning is not easy on this firearm but is needed and lubrication ( I think it came dry from the factory ) sure helps!

I used a feed scale and my trigger pull at first was 23#, I now have it down to about 9# ( I know a feed scale might not be real accurate )

Take heart and clean and lubricate it and shoot, shoot, shoot! I think you will like it once it is broken in!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #5

...Thanks Everyone! I need to fire it another 400 times. If I still don't like it I'm going to the gunsmith with it. I let everyone at my local range try it out and they all say the same thing... thanks so much, I'll never buy a gun without shooting it first after this, no way I want a trigger like that! I would of thought S&W would of put out a how-to video by now. I quess as long as it sells nothing will be done to improve that trigger.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #6

Default Bodyguard 380 Trigger Enhancement

I have found one gunsmith that is close to releasing an enhancement to the super long trigger pull of the Bodyguard 380. The organization is Galloway Precision. Go to this link to see.
http://gallowayprecision.com and click on the S&W Bodyguard link on the left side of the screen.

I am a new owner of a Bodyguard. I haven't decided if I am going to spend the money to have my modified yet. They haven't listed as cost for the modification yet. It is the only place that I have found willing to do the modification.

Paul