2nd amendment

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 2nd amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default 2nd amendment

I have a proposal, if we are looking to make schools safer we should implement bullet proof glass on all doors and windows. This bp glass would also have a thin but sturdy framing and grid design made of steel or comparably strong metal. This would inhibit any intruder even if the glass was damaged or broken. All doors should stay locked for the duration of the school day. Any visitors would be able to gain access through 1 main entrance after being identified by video surveillance. Upon entry of the building they would be greeted by 2 security professionals and a metal detector. The playgrounds would have concrete walls with emergency exits than can only open from inside the playground. These are a few measure I thought of to help ensure our children's safety at school. I strongly disagree with any change to the 2nd amendment! The American people have a right!, bestowed upon us by our founding fathers to protect their homes and country from all enemies foreign and domestic.
My point is; the focus shouldn't be on gun control, it should be about how to make our schools safer, and how to reach out to these people with mental handicaps before they do something horrific. So stand up tall, be an American, and protect our constitution!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson2013 View Post
I have a proposal, if we are looking to make schools safer we should implement bullet proof glass on all doors and windows. This bp glass would also have a thin but sturdy framing and grid design made of steel or comparably strong metal. This would inhibit any intruder even if the glass was damaged or broken. All doors should stay locked for the duration of the school day. Any visitors would be able to gain access through 1 main entrance after being identified by video surveillance. Upon entry of the building they would be greeted by 2 security professionals and a metal detector. The playgrounds would have concrete walls with emergency exits than can only open from inside the playground. These are a few measure I thought of to help ensure our children's safety at school. I strongly disagree with any change to the 2nd amendment! The American people have a right!, bestowed upon us by our founding fathers to protect their homes and country from all enemies foreign and domestic.
My point is; the focus shouldn't be on gun control, it should be about how to make our schools safer, and how to reach out to these people with mental handicaps before they do something horrific. So stand up tall, be an American, and protect our constitution!
All great recommendations if the true objective was the safety of children and not gun control as its own end. The CT shooting is just the latest tragedy to be exploited for political purposes.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Pass these ideas on anything will help just be heard

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson2013 View Post
Sounds like a prison to me. Also must schools have easy break glass for another way of evacuation.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Or go the cheaper way and have teachers carry

Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

from what i understand it doesnt do any good if the staff buzz the killer in. i heard thats what happened in conneticut.

allowing teachers and parents and such to carry in schools is the real answer. making sure there is a 12ga shotgun in a fingerprint safe in the principle's office is another good answer.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The entry point I discuss already solve that issue.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8875 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Sir- Your concept is not do-able for several reasons- however-

You have posted in the Gunsmithing section. This is NOT gunsmithing. Please read and follow directions.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Closed Thread