Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   2nd amendment (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/2nd-amendment-81916/)

ThomasJefferson2013 01-20-2013 03:15 PM

2nd amendment

I have a proposal, if we are looking to make schools safer we should implement bullet proof glass on all doors and windows. This bp glass would also have a thin but sturdy framing and grid design made of steel or comparably strong metal. This would inhibit any intruder even if the glass was damaged or broken. All doors should stay locked for the duration of the school day. Any visitors would be able to gain access through 1 main entrance after being identified by video surveillance. Upon entry of the building they would be greeted by 2 security professionals and a metal detector. The playgrounds would have concrete walls with emergency exits than can only open from inside the playground. These are a few measure I thought of to help ensure our children's safety at school. I strongly disagree with any change to the 2nd amendment! The American people have a right!, bestowed upon us by our founding fathers to protect their homes and country from all enemies foreign and domestic.
My point is; the focus shouldn't be on gun control, it should be about how to make our schools safer, and how to reach out to these people with mental handicaps before they do something horrific. So stand up tall, be an American, and protect our constitution!

Jpyle 01-20-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson2013 (Post 1102237)
I have a proposal, if we are looking to make schools safer we should implement bullet proof glass on all doors and windows. This bp glass would also have a thin but sturdy framing and grid design made of steel or comparably strong metal. This would inhibit any intruder even if the glass was damaged or broken. All doors should stay locked for the duration of the school day. Any visitors would be able to gain access through 1 main entrance after being identified by video surveillance. Upon entry of the building they would be greeted by 2 security professionals and a metal detector. The playgrounds would have concrete walls with emergency exits than can only open from inside the playground. These are a few measure I thought of to help ensure our children's safety at school. I strongly disagree with any change to the 2nd amendment! The American people have a right!, bestowed upon us by our founding fathers to protect their homes and country from all enemies foreign and domestic.
My point is; the focus shouldn't be on gun control, it should be about how to make our schools safer, and how to reach out to these people with mental handicaps before they do something horrific. So stand up tall, be an American, and protect our constitution!

All great recommendations if the true objective was the safety of children and not gun control as its own end. The CT shooting is just the latest tragedy to be exploited for political purposes.

ThomasJefferson2013 01-20-2013 03:45 PM

Pass these ideas on anything will help just be heard

ResidentialPyro 01-20-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson2013 (Post 1102237)

Sounds like a prison to me. Also must schools have easy break glass for another way of evacuation.

stoppingpower 01-20-2013 04:11 PM

Or go the cheaper way and have teachers carry

JonM 01-20-2013 10:52 PM

from what i understand it doesnt do any good if the staff buzz the killer in. i heard thats what happened in conneticut.

allowing teachers and parents and such to carry in schools is the real answer. making sure there is a 12ga shotgun in a fingerprint safe in the principle's office is another good answer.

ThomasJefferson2013 01-21-2013 12:19 AM

The entry point I discuss already solve that issue.

c3shooter 01-21-2013 01:42 AM

Sir- Your concept is not do-able for several reasons- however-

You have posted in the Gunsmithing section. This is NOT gunsmithing. Please read and follow directions.