1927a1 barrel replacement

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 1927a1 barrel replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 1927a1 barrel replacement

I had a squib round while playing Rambo with my 1927a1 thompson and fired a 2nd round before I could stop. I blew the compensator about 30 yards down range along with splitting my barrel.
Does anyone know it you should use any type of loctite on the threads of the barrel when I install the new one?
You have notch the top of the barrel when installing the compensator to the barrel. There is an 1/8" hole in the compensator to install the roll pin to secure the compensator to the barrel. How do you drill through the 1/8" hole in the compensator to notch the barrel without distorting the hole through the compensator?
Hope someone can help, Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9561 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

You do not notch the barrel with a drill bit guided by the compensator. It will try to push to the outside of the curve, and wallow out the holes in the compensator. Take it to a gunsmith who has a machine shop setup. That is a job for a mill to make that cut.

Sorry about your Thompson- squibs suck. And no to locktite. Do you know the one thing that makes locktite release? Heat.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #3

c3SHOOTER, I received my new barrel and compensator and I will look for a gunsmith around here tomorrow to attach the compensator to the barrel. Thanks for your reply and information.