1914 Mauser pistol 7.65

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 1914 Mauser pistol 7.65

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 1914 Mauser pistol 7.65

Hi, I have a 1914 Mauser. I discovered that the Trigger spring was broken. I disassembled pistol to the point where trigger and broken trigger spring could be removed. I ordered a new spring from Numrich and found that the loop in the new spring was just slightly larger than the receiving opening in the frame. I tried compressing the spring so I could insert it into position, and it promptly broke. I have now ordered another new spring and have the new one. I am apprehensive about compressing this new spring lest it too will snap on me. One suggestion I rec'd was to heat the spring, but I'm not comfortable with doing that.
Does anyone have another suggestion on how to proceed. I am surprised the this flat spring is so fragile and unable to be compressed enough to fit back into it's recess.

Thanks for any help.:confused

Last edited by brookline; 10-27-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here