10/22 trigger upgrades
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 10/22 trigger upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default 10/22 trigger upgrades

For anyone wanting their Ruger 10/22 trigger professionally upgraded I'm offering a complete trigger group upgrade done on your trigger group. This includes reducing pull weight down to a reliable 2-3 pounds, installing & adjusting overtravel stop (which greatly shortens reset), adjustable takeup (if needed), modifying bolt release to aftermarket specs, installing extended mag release if your trigger group don't already have 1, and testing in 1 of my 10/22s for reliability before shipping. All this for only 80$ including return shipping to lower 48. Supporting members get the same work done for 60$ including return shipping to lower 48. Since supporting membership dues is only 15$ you get all the advantages of supporting membership + the savings. Contact me if interested. Neil

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I think I'll be taking you up on this. But first I have to get her to the range this weekend. She's still a virgin, and that's just not right.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #3

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

I plan on taking you up on that offer in the future. But as for now, theres no way I can afford to even go to the range let alone worry about upgrades.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I think I'll be taking you up on this. But first I have to get her to the range this weekend. She's still a virgin, and that's just not right.
Jo, you cheatin' on your Revelation 100??

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Jo, you cheatin' on your Revelation 100??
She's coming along too.

It's a threesome.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #6

Whats the turnaround time?

Thanks

mtnsmith

Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Turnaround time is usually a week or less.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #8

I did a parts only trigger job and took over 3 lbs off the trigger pull. If you need help I also made a video. Polishing your parts will improve the feel of the trigger pull, but I do not do that in the vid due to time. I hope this helps someone. Part 2 is the addition of the new parts.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jstreamnc

Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Trigger modification

I modify all my trigger pounds so I can touch it and it fires. Keeps from pulling off target. I have modified everyone of my rifles so that it takes a tiny squeeze to fire. I never put my finger on the trigger until I have zeroed in on the target then I gently touch the trigger and she goes boom!!! The less trigger pressure the more accurate shot at long distances. I can walk most anyone through modifying their trigger as long as they can take their rifle apart and put it back together themselves.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #10

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk63
I modify all my trigger pounds so I can touch it and it fires. Keeps from pulling off target. I have modified everyone of my rifles so that it takes a tiny squeeze to fire. I never put my finger on the trigger until I have zeroed in on the target then I gently touch the trigger and she goes boom!!! The less trigger pressure the more accurate shot at long distances. I can walk most anyone through modifying their trigger as long as they can take their rifle apart and put it back together themselves.
Backyard gun smithin huh. Well they make aftermarket triggers for a reason. Becouse in alot of guns mods to factory triggers is unsafe. Do it right an dont worry about it. A hair trigger isnt the best for most shooters so aftermarket adjustable triggers is the safe way to go