Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > 10/22 Swivel and Sling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Default 10/22 Swivel and Sling?

So I recently decided this is gonna be my next move for my 10/22! Im trying to find out what everyone would suggest I get and to see if anyone can link a video of one of these setups being installed. Also any advice for when I do this would be great (Im worried about cracking the wood)!

As always, thanks for everyones help!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You will only have to drill 1 hole in your stock-the buttstock. The front swivel stud should be the kind that's sandwiched between the barrel band ends. Remove screw from the barrel band, spread barrel band, insert swivel stud end between the barrel band ends, replace screw back into the barrel band.

The best way to locate the drill hole in the buttstock is to make a homemade jig to center the hole precisely in the bottom of the stock. You can easily do this by drilling a hole exactly in the middle of a piece of either 1.5" or 2" angle iron from the inside. Then invert the angle iron so that it's sitting on the outside of the bottom of your stock. Simply use a drill bit the same size as the shank of the threaded part of the swivel stud and drill it to full depth of the length of the stud. You can then thread it into the stock, remembering to press down slightly to start with.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #3

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Sounds good. I didnt know they made it so they could attach to the barrel band, it will make things a lot easier for sure. Thanks!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun