Zt 561
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Zt 561

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Zt 561

Just curious to hear about any opinions on ZT's Elmax steel?

561july2012.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #2

Liked 1145 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I don't own any knives with this steel; however the consenses seems to be that it's a tough steel with decent edge retention and can be sharpened to a fine edge. ZT knives have a good reputation.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
I don't own any knives with this steel; however the consenses seems to be that it's a tough steel with decent edge retention and can be sharpened to a fine edge. ZT knives have a good reputation.
Check this vid out, I was surprised to see such a poor performance out of the steel. He must have gotten a lemon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ea5dFmZmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #4

Liked 1145 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post
Check this vid out, I was surprised to see such a poor performance out of the steel. He must have gotten a lemon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ea5dFmZmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I frequent www.bladeforums.com, where there are some pretty knowledgible guys about steel performance over there. I've seen several positive comments about this knife over there.

As I said, I don't have personal experiencew with it, but haven't seen any comments indicating any problems with this knife.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I will give it a look, thanks for the input!