Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Zero Tolerance knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Zero Tolerance knives

I'm looking to get a zero tolerance knife here soon and I just want some feedback.Also if you have one add a pic of yours. And if you don't like zero tolerance why?
Just want a solid duty knife.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I personally don't have one but a few members here have them and they really like them. Hopefully they will chime in here soon.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Really nice blades but I have zero tolerance for the price tag........ lots of quality blades out there cheaper then the ZT IMO.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #4

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

I am in agrreance with both posts... I have handled several of them but for the price I can have a couple very nice Benchmades... Or an Emerson... any number of other options to consider as well...

Old 05-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What is zero tolerance knives and what are they used for? I bought a Spyderco Delica for an everyday carry and love it like crazy. I actually use it a lot for cutting open boxes at work now, cost me $125 and paid $50 for the Spyderco sharpening kit. New to knives here and so far I'm liking VG-10 steel but willing to learn about other steels and how good they are. When I find a good knife store in the area I'm planning to buy:

-Benchmade Nim Cub II Tactical Fixed Blade Knife
-Cold Steel Master Hunter
-Cold Steel Tokyo Spike
-Ka-Bar Short Black Knives

Can anyone tell me if those are wise buys?

What can you protect, if your only weapon is your emotions?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I won't carry anything that doesn't say Boker or SOG on it

Old 05-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #7

Absolutely love me SOG Flash II and probably adding an Aegis to the mix... A Twitch II is also very likely... VG10 is a good steel but kinda pricey... For what you dropped on that Delica I have been able to buy a handful of nice knives with slightly less high performance steels...

Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #8

Zero Tolerance is a line from Kershaw... They are designed as the highest end knives offered by this company... They are generally very well built using top grade components and metals and they can take quite a beating. If I were in law enforcement or active duty I would possibly look into them but for the price of one of them I could also hook into 3 or 4 other good quality knives giving myself added options...

Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
Absolutely love me SOG Flash II and probably adding an Aegis to the mix... A Twitch II is also very likely... VG10 is a good steel but kinda pricey... For what you dropped on that Delica I have been able to buy a handful of nice knives with slightly less high performance steels...
I have a SOG Flash II, one of my favorite knives I have ever bought. Almost had it for a year and the spring is just as fast as when I first got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
Zero Tolerance is a line from Kershaw... They are designed as the highest end knives offered by this company... They are generally very well built using top grade components and metals and they can take quite a beating. If I were in law enforcement or active duty I would possibly look into them but for the price of one of them I could also hook into 3 or 4 other good quality knives giving myself added options...
Thanks for the info, I was also looking into getting a zero tolerance knife at one point, but I wasn't too sure on how good they are. But if they are kershaw's "high-end" knives then I assume they must be worth it.

Why carry? I'd rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Appreciate the info. I kind of look to purchasing knives the same way as I purchase firearms. I'll save until I have enough money in a way I don't feel the sting. And I like to buy quality from a company that is known for their quality and good track record. Then I won't make the purchase until I've held it in my hands to get a feel for it. So buying a higher end knife isn't a problem in price for me, just wanting to know the good ones to get. I'm always up for practical, doesn't need to be tactical. A buddy told me for fixed blades a good quality 'hunter' type of blade for a fixed blade will be a good all around blade. Of course though I want to expand my inventory so I can have choices and different blades for any occasion that might come up for me. I'll be looking into the Kershaw Zero Tolerance knife then, again appreciate it ^^

What can you protect, if your only weapon is your emotions?