WHY am I buying knives? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > WHY am I buying knives?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I used to have several knives but now I do not have any any more. I figured I just do not need any. Indeed I rarely need a knife.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Tango,I know what you mean. I have always liked nice knives,especially handmade knives with unique/exotic wood or bone handles. I have bought 7-8 more in the last couple weeks,I think I need to go to a shrink-I can't stop buying them. My Brother in law and another friend got me into collecting knives and they have some amazing collections.
Here you go this guy makes some super nice knives.

McCroskey Custom Knives

I have personally seen a set of his. They are so sharp you have to be careful putting them back in the leather sheath or you will slice right threw it.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #13

OMG i just got my Kershaw assisted opening knife. I think I am in love. it is so nice to have a knife that opens right now.

The handle has plenty of grip but it is not so sharp as to tear your hand up if really using it.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #14

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OMG i just got my Kershaw assisted opening knife. I think I am in love. it is so nice to have a knife that opens right now.

The handle has plenty of grip but it is not so sharp as to tear your hand up if really using it.
Welcome to the Kershaw fraternity!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #15

Just bot my Boker Magnum tonight. Here are a few pictures of the two. the Boker is a very nice knife it is heavy lots of metal in this puppy. Very nice wood on the handle, but it doesn't have a clip and weight is so much that it would pull your pants down on one side. The Kershaw is OMG scary sharp I already cut my thumb with it (No Blood). It is light is assisted open which this is my first one. I will never buy another non-assisted knife again. The Kershaw is not as fancy as the Boker but it is light weight scary sharp and feel much better in the hand. I am going to have to buy more Kershaw knives in the future.

img_0270.jpg

img_0272.jpg

Old 03-28-2009, 02:32 AM   #16

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Just bot my Boker Magnum tonight. Here are a few pictures of the two. the Boker is a very nice knife it is heavy lots of metal in this puppy. Very nice wood on the handle, but it doesn't have a clip and weight is so much that it would pull your pants down on one side. The Kershaw is OMG scary sharp I already cut my thumb with it (No Blood). It is light is assisted open which this is my first one. I will never buy another non-assisted knife again. The Kershaw is not as fancy as the Boker but it is light weight scary sharp and feel much better in the hand. I am going to have to buy more Kershaw knives in the future.
Get a Ken Onion Leek, you will love it!

Kershaw K.O. Leek, Stainless Handle & Blade, Plain or ComboEdge, Assist Opener - K1660ST
Kershaw K.O. Leek, Limited Production, Stainless Handle, CPM-D2 Composite Steel Blade, Plain Edge - KS1660CB

Or Ken Onion Shallot

Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Black Stainless Handle & Blade, ComboEdge - K1840CKTST
Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Stainless Handle & Blade, Plain Edge - K1840
Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Limited Edition, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Black Stainless Handle, Damascus Blade, Plain Edge - KS1840CKTDAM

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Boker AK. Workhorse auto, comes in an AK magazine shaped box.