Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #81
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2776 Times on 1909 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default sry off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical View Post
Oh ya man. I love the battery life but hate other features. I was used to android but this phone has its perks
Have the iPhone 4S, but no matter which iPhone you have, get the Mophie JuicePack Air!!! up to 3 full recharges from 50% drained internal bettery, and another side perk: it swaps out your dock or lighting connector with USB B Mini!!!! Knife post next.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #82

Default Ahh,.. the edge!

DW is already asleep or I would Photo....
After many years I am building my collection again after selling some off.
Now have 3 gerbers, 2 of them from back in the day(a Mk 1 5" and a Mk 2 waspwaist blade with double edged serrations. Have a current Gerber lockback, not bad for $50...Also have a few Winchesters(a 3 1/2 " folder & a Bowie) Love my S&W Tactical boot 4-1/2",...Love my SOG SEAL Pup even Better...but i'd carry em both if I could...Rarely carry any of the "big" stuff unless we're doing a few hrs. in the Desert Bush with one of my .22's or the 20 Ga...
Next i'm looking to grab a Navy Camilus Survival Knife(similar to the Marine K-Bar but Pakerized Black) MY ex keyboard player in my last decent band in the 90's was a Marine Jr. Grade officer for 6 years, and had one he traded for with a Navy Instructor...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #83

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
DW is already asleep or I would Photo....
After many years I am building my collection again after selling some off.
Now have 3 gerbers, 2 of them from back in the day(a Mk 1 5" and a Mk 2 waspwaist blade with double edged serrations. Have a current Gerber lockback, not bad for $50...Also have a few Winchesters(a 3 1/2 " folder & a Bowie) Love my S&W Tactical boot 4-1/2",...Love my SOG SEAL Pup even Better...but i'd carry em both if I could...Rarely carry any of the "big" stuff unless we're doing a few hrs. in the Desert Bush with one of my .22's or the 20 Ga...
Next i'm looking to grab a Navy Camilus Survival Knife(similar to the Marine K-Bar but Pakerized Black) MY ex keyboard player in my last decent band in the 90's was a Marine Jr. Grade officer for 6 years, and had one he traded for with a Navy Instructor...
Three things... One where can I get that for my iPhone. Two I really want to see a picture of your collection. Three I am super jealous lol

Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #84

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

I am all about tough ass knives man. This is another one I will be doing research on. Thanks my friend
The ZT knives are most certainly the sturdiest folders I've put my paws on. But the ESSE knives are commonly hailed as "pry bars with a razor edge on them" and for good reason. The ESSE-5 I handled once felt like just that.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #85

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default Pics of Knives

I snapped a pic of most of my knives. THe pic of four are EDC knives. Mostly S&W and one Case.

The other pic is most all Case knives with a few Hen & Rooster and Kissing Crane knives. The two Stiletto knives are Robert Klaas Kissing Crane knives.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #86

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Oh ya man. I love the battery life but hate other features. I was used to android but this phone has its perks
Battery life was a huge consern fo rme and I actually thought about the Iphone but I really can't stand anytihng apple. I ended up with the Droid Razr M. I charge it ever 2-3 days

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #87

Quote:

Three things... One where can I get that for my iPhone. Two I really want to see a picture of your collection. Three I am super jealous lol
JMA-Got My Mophie at the Sprint store when I got the Phone(DW has one too)last summer, but you can go to any Best Buy and ask for it...it's between $50 & $60 ....I will post Blade photos today...I'm the One who should be jealous because you do a Tac Podcast...I just Do shows about Football(but right now I'm on leave while my Boys run things for a few months.)

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

The ZT knives are most certainly the sturdiest folders I've put my paws on. But the ESSE knives are commonly hailed as "pry bars with a razor edge on them" and for good reason. The ESSE-5 I handled once felt like just that.
ZT? Is that the model or brand

Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
I snapped a pic of most of my knives. THe pic of four are EDC knives. Mostly S&W and one Case.

The other pic is most all Case knives with a few Hen & Rooster and Kissing Crane knives. The two Stiletto knives are Robert Klaas Kissing Crane knives.
That's a nice looking collection man. I hope to have that many again one day

Old 05-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

JMA-Got My Mophie at the Sprint store when I got the Phone(DW has one too)last summer, but you can go to any Best Buy and ask for it...it's between $50 & $60 ....I will post Blade photos today...I'm the One who should be jealous because you do a Tac Podcast...I just Do shows about Football(but right now I'm on leave while my Boys run things for a few months.)
Don't be jealous lol my kids keep me so busy I barely have time to do my podcast. I am behind on them actually. I have been trying to get my YouTube page up but I keep having issues plus Internet problems in my area. These children keep me so busy I don't have time to myself. I'm sure you know how that is haha