What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$ - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
What kind of steel are the new iPhones made from and do they keep an edge? I have a Gen 4 iPod Touch, which is close enough, and it came dull and didn't even have a sheath!
Ha. Smart ass is always a funny way to go
Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #72

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

I have a small knife collection, nothing of great value, just pick something up if i like it. On the subject of decent quality imported knives..i have this old Frost lock back (Japan) It was in my Gramps collection, i told him i thought the handle was neat, and he gave it to me. Since then i have picked up a few other Frost knives with similar handle material. Sorry for the crappy pic (cell ph)

image05262013223154.jpg  

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #73
Mox

image-3187479330.jpg

ESSE Izula

Old 05-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #74

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox

ESSE Izula
Yes!
I want an ESEE for my next knife.
These knives are incredibly underrated.
They are possibly the best sheath knives in the world, yet hardly anyone knows about them.
They are handmade in the US, used all over the world, including the Middle East and the Amazon, the company that makes them actually uses their own products and hosts survival classes, they have a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty, and they'll actually talk with their fans online. These knives have been proven to survive the worst.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
I have a small knife collection, nothing of great value, just pick something up if i like it. On the subject of decent quality imported knives..i have this old Frost lock back (Japan) It was in my Gramps collection, i told him i thought the handle was neat, and he gave it to me. Since then i have picked up a few other Frost knives with similar handle material. Sorry for the crappy pic (cell ph)
Thank you for sharing that cool pic! I love the look of the handle

Old 05-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1

Yes!
I want an ESEE for my next knife.
These knives are incredibly underrated.
They are possibly the best sheath knives in the world, yet hardly anyone knows about them.
They are handmade in the US, used all over the world, including the Middle East and the Amazon, the company that makes them actually uses their own products and hosts survival classes, they have a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty, and they'll actually talk with their fans online. These knives have been proven to survive the worst.
Could it be?? Have I found my favorite knife and company? I am all about the unstoppable knife. It's been my search for eight years now to ind a knife that will never let me down no matter what the sit is. Ill be looking into these guys right now thanks

Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

I don't own one, but the Alpha Dorado Fixed blade is cool too
How awesome man. I love the way this knife looks overall. I need this in my life lol

Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda
Kershaw Blur - got it a ways back from Amazon for ~$50/shipped.

Admittedly, the "regular" (non-coated blade) Blur is less expensive, but I liked the look of the black blade more and wanted the Tungsten coating.

The Blur is 4.2 oz with a 3-3/8" drop-point blade (which I prefer over the Tanto model) made from Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel. It has a thumbstud on it for fast one-handed opening and uses a locking liner to keep it open.

I really like the rubberized inserts on the frame. The inserts are not overly rough; they're not going to tear/wear clothing. It isn't skate deck material. The inserts are also not tacky or gummy. They just feel good in hand and give you a good positive grip. The knife doesn't have a finger groove, which some may not like, however, I feel that the shape of the handle will do a good job of keeping your hand off of the blade.

[*]Relatively light weight[*]Super sharp blade[*]Flicks open wonderfully[*]Nice positive grip[*]Great EDC knife[*]Well priced, high quality, and Made in the USA!

Had one in my collection until it was stolen. Great knife man. And thanks for the list of qualities. I almost forgot I had had that

Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #79

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

Could it be?? Have I found my favorite knife and company? I am all about the unstoppable knife. It's been my search for eight years now to ind a knife that will never let me down no matter what the sit is. Ill be looking into these guys right now thanks
I don't own one (yet), but I have yet to find a review of them that is not a positive one. They make more than knives, including the AH1 arrowhead, a rite in the rain survival/nav notepad (soon to be released), an E&E (escape and evasion) kit, survival and nav cards (the size of credit cards), survival kits, etc.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong
Even though its a just a tad over $100,I'm partial to my Zero Tolerance 0200 folder,built like a tank,and has stood up to my work in the construction field and it still cleans up like new.

If you don't mind carrying a big knife,this one is absolutely bulletproof.
I am all about tough ass knives man. This is another one I will be doing research on. Thanks my friend