What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$ - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
DW is already asleep or I would Photo....
OK already -- what is a "DW"?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #92

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical View Post
That's a nice looking collection man. I hope to have that many again one day
Thanks a lot! I used to have more but had a thievery problem some years back.
I do have several uber cheap knives that didn't make the pics that I use as multi-tools I am pretty rough on knives that I use. I used to by more expensive ones then feel like crap when I screwed them up. So now I just look for decent steel so it will hold and edge OK and not too bad to sharpen. I'm always trolling around places hwere knives are sold and traded looking for something else to ad to the collection. Dang Case knives can get really expensive though

It seriously cheeses me that makers like Kissing Crane moved to china and they don't stamp the blades that way. There's just a little sticker on the blade that is so easily removed.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #93

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Thanks a lot! I used to have more but had a thievery problem some years back.
I do have several uber cheap knives that didn't make the pics that I use as multi-tools I am pretty rough on knives that I use. I used to by more expensive ones then feel like crap when I screwed them up. So now I just look for decent steel so it will hold and edge OK and not too bad to sharpen. I'm always trolling around places hwere knives are sold and traded looking for something else to ad to the collection. Dang Case knives can get really expensive though

It seriously cheeses me that makers like Kissing Crane moved to china and they don't stamp the blades that way. There's just a little sticker on the blade that is so easily removed.
Man my first knife was an old timer knife. An that sparked me looking at case knives. I used to have one we found out in my dads field when I was younger. It looked very old. I wish I still had it because that is my most favorite case knife and I never even learned its name... Kissing crane is one I have only seen at a knife show but I am going to be building a new collection as I have said and I really want a wide variety. If your looking for a good knife you can beat up and it only cost and 30$ and you don't mind the neon green scales may I suggest the Ka-Bar Kharon zombie killer.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #94

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical View Post
Man my first knife was an old timer knife. An that sparked me looking at case knives. I used to have one we found out in my dads field when I was younger. It looked very old. I wish I still had it because that is my most favorite case knife and I never even learned its name... Kissing crane is one I have only seen at a knife show but I am going to be building a new collection as I have said and I really want a wide variety. If your looking for a good knife you can beat up and it only cost and 30$ and you don't mind the neon green scales may I suggest the Ka-Bar Kharon zombie killer.
I've seen them and I do want to check them out.,

You like Case look at Hen and Rooster too. They are really well made and have good steel in them. Owl Head are pretty cool but I"m not sure they will be collectable like case. Tree Brand are made by Boker and they are some pretty good knives too. Some can get kind of expensive but they can be had at a reasonable price on some models.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

I've seen them and I do want to check them out.,

You like Case look at Hen and Rooster too. They are really well made and have good steel in them. Owl Head are pretty cool but I"m not sure they will be collectable like case. Tree Brand are made by Boker and they are some pretty good knives too. Some can get kind of expensive but they can be had at a reasonable price on some models.
Owl head huh. Do they make the classic non locking folders that look like old timers

Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #96
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3312 Times on 2248 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

Three things... One where can I get that for my iPhone. Two I really want to see a picture of your collection. Three I am super jealous lol

image-1637275755.jpg

The Other Gerbers are in the Bug out Bag, but clockwise from left:Hand Made Folder from Brian Running Bear, Hopi Craftsman of Sedona Az.(came with Matching Money clip), Current Gerber Folder, Winchester folder(came in set with Bowie), Mini Mag Light & Tactical pen set from Machine Guns Vegas(went there for DW's 50th as part of our trip), Winchester Bowie, SOG Seal Pup, Nighthawk Knives Gerber copy with Hollow Survival handle, S&W HRT Tactical, Nighkhawk Ark. Mini toothpick with new paracord wrap on handle...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #97
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3312 Times on 2248 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

OK already -- what is a "DW"?
Dearest Wife, Dear wife

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Dearest Wife, Dear wife
I use it as Dang wife though haha

Last edited by JMAtactical; 05-28-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

The Other Gerbers are in the Bug out Bag, but clockwise from left:Hand Made Folder from Brian Running Bear, Hopi Craftsman of Sedona Az.(came with Matching Money clip), Current Gerber Folder, Winchester folder(came in set with Bowie), Mini Mag Light & Tactical pen set from Machine Guns Vegas(went there for DW's 50th as part of our trip), Winchester Bowie, SOG Seal Pup, Nighthawk Knives Gerber copy with Hollow Survival handle, S&W HRT Tactical, Nighkhawk Ark. Mini toothpick with new paracord wrap on handle...
I like it man. My go bag has my multi tool, stream light, fire starter, life straw, pad and paper, zip lock bags, a small smiths pull through sharpener and a bunch of other stuff I don't feel like listing lol. I need to add my spyderco persistence to the bag and I always wear a para chord bracelet. Love it

Old 05-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #100

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My VG-10 Spydy ( carried a Co for atleast 15years)

Cheapo Gerber ParaFrame ( keeps a nice edge actually)

Milwaukee Razor ( If i forget this @ work its like leavin my thumbs at home)

Hibben Throwers ( I just stuck them in there for filler,even though im partial to them)

knives2-005.jpg  

Last edited by CapnJack; 05-28-2013 at 02:52 AM.