Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   What would you choose??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/what-would-you-choose-95462/)

JMAtactical 08-15-2013 05:31 AM

Ok here is the hypothetical.... You have been abducted and are being forced to survive on a remote and small island. You will be there for one year or less if you escape. You are told you can take two survival items with you ( not counting shirt and pants and no you can't say a boat lol ). What are those two things your choosing and why???

nitestalker 08-15-2013 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would make only one choice. That choice could handle many problems on a desert Island. :D

JMAtactical 08-15-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
I would make only one choice. That choice could handle many problems on a desert Island. :D

Nice lol. I am really looking for something different tho haha. We all wish Wonder Woman was real

JW357 08-15-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAtactical
Ok here is the hypothetical.... You have been abducted and are being forced to survive on a remote and small island. You will be there for one year or less if you escape. You are told you can take two survival items with you ( not counting shirt and pants and no you can't say a boat lol ). What are those two things your choosing and why???

I guess a hatchet and a good quality knife? I feel like the knife could be used for many different things.

Steel_Talon 08-15-2013 07:25 AM

My heavy Bolo knife and my Tilly Hat... (google Corpsman Bolo)

Bolo is self explanatory..

The Tilley is for shade plus I can boil water in it with hot stones

mdauben 08-15-2013 11:06 AM

Just two items is a tough one! The first would definitely be a knife. With a knife and the proper skills you can make many of the other things you might need. The second is tougher as there are so many things that would be useful. A fire starting kit? Fishing gear (you did say it was an island)? A PLB? ;)

eatmydust 08-15-2013 11:16 AM

A machete and a colorful, heavy duty tarp. The machete is obvious, the tarp can be used for shelter, to collect water as a signal and as a sail!

txpossum 08-15-2013 05:35 PM

If it's the Gilligan's Island type of island, then the number one item would be a good machete. The number two item . . . hmmm. The tarp is a good idea. Is a pallet load of duct tape an acceptable answer? If not, I guess I'd go with either the tarp, or a large, stainless steel pot.

trip286 08-15-2013 05:46 PM

Large heavy knife/small machete.

Fire starter kit, of the flint rod/magnesium block variety.

Gotta eat, and drink. The fire starter helps tremendously in that. A knife is about the most useful tool in a survival situation.

Marthor 08-15-2013 05:53 PM

This topic is really for the survival forum.

After significant consideration and following the 5 C's of survival...

#1 best thing to have anywhere is a cooking pot (Container)
#2 is a hatchet (cutting tool)
#3 is a tarp (cover)
#4 is a fire starter (combustion)
#5 is para cord (cordage)