Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > What will you carry when firearms are executive ordered into illegality ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You fellows that feel your freedom to own firearms is the problem for these school shootings need to ask why? Why are gun owners those 250 million people who did not shoot anyone this week being blamed for this? Why is the answer always the same disarm the American citizens and everything will be OK. Hitler and stalin told people that one 80 years ago. How did that work out?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #32
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You know they've always said freedom is not for the faint of heart

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

People Like This 
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #33

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Before the CC law was approved I carried a 1965 S&W Mdl 60, if guns are banned it will continue to be my tried and true XD40 SC.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1674 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I don't really understand this mentality, I have been taught since I was a young child that our Bill of Rights is exactly that, the rights of the citizens of this country which the government cannot take away. They can amend the Constitution about all kinds of things however they cannot amend away the rights afforded us by the Bill of Rights. That is taught in basic civics class, at least it was when I was in school, maybe it isn't anymore, I don't know, but I have been able to find plenty of websites in the last 10 minutes which explain that fact easily enough for an 8 year old child to understand.
As for what I will carry, I will carry the same thing I do now, any law stating I cannot is unconstitutional no matter what amendments they pass.
Those inalienable rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The amendments known as the Bill of Rights started as 10 amendments and now stand at 27. At least one of those (prohibition on alcohol) was passed and later repealed. So, they can, in fact, amend away items in the Bill of Rights. That's why the NRA spends so much time keeping a very close eye on what Congress is up to.

That being said, I think the individual States legislatures (not the Federal Congress) would need to ratify any changes to the Bill of Rights. Pretty sure there are enough gun-friendly States to prevent 2A from being repealed. The problem is not repealing 2A, it's having a President who might be willing to try using martial law and executive orders to bypass the whole process.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 12-17-2012 at 12:13 PM.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #35

Liked 360 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
It got them a 600% increase in violent crime
Show me the stats to back that up.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I saw 600% statistic quoted and repeated it. I should know better.

The actual value is “only” 189%. Here are a couple references.

England: Violent Crime Capital of Europe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html

Yahoo article on the subject

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-uk-gun-ban-3819560.html

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 149

There are more people killed by cars in a month than there are killed by guns in a year. I don't see them outlawing Dodges or Chevy's. Then the liberal judges give weak sentences for vehicular manslaughter and we see 5+ DUI convictions on one person.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Last edited by armsmaster270; 12-18-2012 at 04:37 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
By the way, that second article mentions that, while England leads the violent crime stats in Europe, N. Ireland has one of the lowest rates!

"Northern Ireland [home of the IRA] is the only part of the British Isles where significant numbers of civilians are granted permits to carry a concealed handgun for self-defense. According to the International Crime Victim Survey released in August '01, Northern Ireland had one of the lowest levels of victimization of any of the 15 industrialized countries studied and England had the highest. [3]"

Balota

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #39

Liked 4549 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Gun bans are a simple matter of "interpretation"...

I would choose to "interprete" any future gun ban as the Governments recognition of it's complete and utter uselessness...and in the real world the useless gets tossed out, with the rest of the trash...

Interpret THAT however you choose.

Tack

Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #40

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

It's very simple folks I won't need to carry if it happens. they can have my gun when they pick it up off my corpse. I know it sounds crazy but its how I feel I ain't one of those crazy guys but I'm not givin up my guns. That being said I know they can't take the right away and I'm glade of it.

Here's my question has anyone noticed since he got reelected these things have been happening more and more?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

AWDeanSr Likes This