Weapons for home defense - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Weapons for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've got my flatulence that'll gag a magot....lol

Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18891

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy View Post
I've got my flatulence that'll gag a magot....lol
That would give your position away.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #103

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango

That would give your position away.
SBD = Silent But Deadly..eewww

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #104

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy
My dog won't let anyone walk near the house without letting us know about it. In the house I have a collapseable baton, my EDC Kershaw knife, baseball bat, and any number of improvised weapons that are handy.
How do you like the baton? I have been considering picking one up online, but not sure what length would be ideal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #105

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter

Sounds like the criminal could adequately arm
himself as he goes through the house. Just joking around but that is why I don't believe in having a firearm for HD anywhere but by my bed. I don't like the idea of arming an unarmed criminal.
Sorry to hear about your dog, I know how much they can become part of the family. My Rottie Maximus turns 10 this year and as hard as it is, I have to start preparing my 10 year old son ( dog and son born two weeks apart )for the only thing guaranteed in life,, the end of life. I feel for you for your loss.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #106

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Sorry to hear about your dog, I know how much they can become part of the family. My Rottie Maximus turns 10 this year and as hard as it is, I have to start preparing my 10 year old son ( dog and son born two weeks apart )for the only thing guaranteed in life,, the end of life. I feel for you for your loss.
Sorry quoted wrong post, meant that for Runuall.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #107

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Sounds like the criminal could adequately arm
himself as he goes through the house. Just joking around but that is why I don't believe in having a firearm for HD anywhere but by my bed. I don't like the idea of arming an unarmed criminal.
Truthfully, you have a good point. Having a lot of weapons around the house can be a double edged sword (yes, that was a pun). You may have them for decoration - especially edged weapons like knives and swords - as well as your own use if necessary, but if they are in the open where a potential BG could also have access to them, you may now have an armed intruder where there may not have been one before. The fight or flight instinct is VERY basic and it takes very little to sway the decision one way or the other. An unarmed BG may initially run when confronted, but if a weapon is suddenly available, that may be enough to change that flight instinct into a fight scenario.

Having lots of weapons available for self-defense purposes is usually a good thing, but make sure YOU are the only person who knows where they are. Just food for thought.

Last edited by rachilders; 03-14-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18891

A lot of good advice here but I also like my toys in reach of where I am and nowhere else.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #109

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders
Truthfully, you have a good point. Having a lot of weapons around the house can be a double edged sword (yes, that was a pun). You may have them for decoration - especially edged weapons like knives and swords - as well as your own use if necessary, but if they are in the open where a potential BG could also have access to them, you may now have an armed intruder where there may not have been one before. The fight or flight instinct is VERY basic and it takes very little to sway the decision one way or the other. An unarmed BG may initially run when confronted, but if a weapon is suddenly available, that may be enough to change that flight instinct into a fight scenario.

Having lots of weapons available for self-defense purposes is usually a good thing, but make sure YOU are the only person who knows where they are. Just food for thought.
The only reason I said just joking was because I was afraid someone would think I was trying to put down what another person does which is NOT what I was trying to do. I don't think it would work for me and your post explained what I was thinking.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #110

half of a hockey stick, two many knives to count a throwing star, kevlar helmet, and two dogs