Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Wasp Spray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Most manufactures of this product issue a warning on the label. Not to be used as self defense against humans. The EPA warnings are very clear do not use for self defense. The largest buyer of this product is the U.S. Border Patrol. They have strict warnings to never use this for self defense. The point here is you will likely end up with a civil law suite risking every thing you own. Just shoot them dead crooks can not testify in court.
I think the point being made throughout this thread is that it may not be as good as a firearm, but it can be used if a firearm is not available. As far as getting sued, I would rather end up in court than in a casket. If that's all I have at hand, which is highly unlikely, and I am in fear for my life, I'll use it.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #22

Liked 2353 Times on 1530 Posts

So I want to attach a foward grip and light and laser and red dot scope on my wasps spray. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a mount? J/k

Seriously, the big cans of bear spray shoot pretty far, don't they? I think that would be worth the extra money and be just as effective, also more court friendly.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #23

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
So I want to attach a foward grip and light and laser and red dot scope on my wasps spray. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a mount? J/k Seriously, the big cans of bear spray shoot pretty far, don't they? I think that would be worth the extra money and be just as effective, also more court friendly.
Agreed.

Being in court for a defensible case of self defense verses using something like wasp spray, that according to the info in this thread(the one in which you participated) you knew was not an acceptable form of self defense.. Make no mistake, if they wanna they can and they will.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #24

I Would use it if it was there even if it's against the law if I'm bit to get hurt or worse killed yeah your getting a whole can of it in your face lol

Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
So I want to attach a foward grip and light and laser and red dot scope on my wasps spray. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a mount? J/k

Seriously, the big cans of bear spray shoot pretty far, don't they? I think that would be worth the extra money and be just as effective, also more court friendly.
For the mounting, I don't think I would drill any holes. Maybe a couple rails mounted with epoxy? No, that wouldn't work. You would be in even more trouble for converting it to an assault can. Jeez, I don't know, but whatever you do it's probably illegal in New York.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #26

Liked 125 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I would not be concerned with legal ramifications at all if I used wasp spray in my home or business. Who is going to prove that you had it around for anything other than killing wasps at the time you defended yourself, unless you tell the police that you opted out of pepper spray for wasp spray.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #27

Liked 1976 Times on 1174 Posts
Likes Given: 424

As far as checking local laws goes, in the US it is federally illegal to use pesticide outside of its labeled uses. So, that one pretty much blankets those of us who are on US soil.

That being said, the argument of using anything that is available within your household or within reach to defend yourself without proof of intent to use it primarily for defense MIGHT hold up as a reasonable act that a reasonable person would use to defend their life or the lives of others within the home.

I was glad to see that someone already pointed out that this is basically a nerve agent and can cause permanent damage, or even death if treatment is not given. And that this is in no way a precision tool and exposure to other bystanders or residents of the home may be exposed as well. Eyes are vulnerable as are mucous membranes to more rapid absorption and faster permanent damage. Pathways to the central nervous system are pretty short when on the face and head. So, less lethal is more appropriate than "less THAN lethal".

I'll reserve my personal opinion in it's employment. Just adding info.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

anyone considering following this advice, PLEASE do more research than "I heard it on the internet."

If you do not, then you will doing your self a major disservice if you use it w/o knowing that you will leave that person totally blind - from my research I believe that if you do hit someone in the eyes they WILL be blind before any 'antidote' can possibly be given.

Since it against the law, I do not see how one will win any self defense case. I recall even Massad Ayoob gve rave warning to NOT do this. At least our guns are legal if used.

Last edited by phillip69; 10-09-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20037 Times on 11395 Posts
Likes Given: 50554

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip69 View Post
anyone considering following this advice, PLEASE do more research than "I heard it on the internet."

If you do not, then you will doing your self a major disservice if you use it w/o knowing that you will leave that person totally blind - from my research I believe that if you do hit someone in the eyes they WILL be blind before any 'antidote' can possibly be given.

Since it against the law, I do not see how one will win any self defense case. I recall even Massad Ayoob gve rave warning to NOT do this. At least our guns are legal if used.
if i have to make a choice in whether i lived or died in a deadly situation, i'll use whatever is available to defend myself. i really don't care about the welfare of a BG that is intent on doing me harm or trying to end my life.

anytime, you think the playing field should be fair and equal, well they aren't.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

hair spray and a lighter also works