Wasp Spray
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Wasp Spray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default Wasp Spray

My mother just sent this to me. I never knew this could be a viable less then lethal......

If you don't have a gun, and even if you do, here's a way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray -- A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life.

Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp!!!
And best of all, immobilize a human.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I've suggested this alternative many times on this forum.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Cool. I guess I am still fairly new.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm sure you're not the only that missed it.
It's a great option to know about especially if you're in an area that requires a license for pepper spray.
Has better reach too.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

with it's range, i can see it being very effective. i have gotten wasp spray in my eyes when the wind changed directions. it's not pleasant and it was only a very small amount. i can only imagine full on assault with this stuff!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #6

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Great tip!!! I will be sharing this with everyone I know. Thank you!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 953 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 229

I would call your local district attorneys office and get their thoughts on using an insecticide on humans as a form of defence against an attacker.

My feelings, spraying hornet juice on another human could easily get someone three hots and a cot.

Using a deadly poison in a way, not consistent with product labeling is most likely a felony if used against people. Little doubt in my mind.

Stick with sprays made to deter attacks from people. Use it in accordance with product labeling and all local and regional, federal laws.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Wasp spray is an organo-phosphate poison known to be neuro-toxic in humans. It is not a non-lethal self defense alternative. Less lethal than a firearm? Yes, but not non-lethal. If you use it in an enclosed area you need to cover your mouth and nose and get out immediately. Decontamination should occur as soon as possible as this can be absorbed through the skin. If you notice excessive salivation, watering eyes, if your urine output increases, if you develop abdominal pain or cramping, diarrhea, or vomiting, get thee to an ER RFN! Atropine Sulfate is antidotal, but it takes massive quantities, usually more than is found on the typical rescue truck.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 953 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Wasp spray is an organo-phosphate poison known to be neuro-toxic in humans. It is not a non-lethal self defense alternative. Less lethal than a firearm? Yes, but not non-lethal. If you use it in an enclosed area you need to cover your mouth and nose and get out immediately. Decontamination should occur as soon as possible as this can be absorbed through the skin. If you notice excessive salivation, watering eyes, if your urine output increases, if you develop abdominal pain or cramping, diarrhea, or vomiting, get thee to an ER RFN! Atropine Sulfate is antidotal, but it takes massive quantities, usually more than is found on the typical rescue truck.
Careful, when folks agree with me, I wonder if I am dreaming? Lol
Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Did you guys read the article? It is used as self defense for robberies. If someone has a gun or knife, I rather be judged then dead. This is a good alternative in gun free zones. This was recommended by local law enforcement. You are absolutely right on checking with local laws in regards to self defense. I always do when traveling abroad/TDY.