Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Two new knives (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/two-new-knives-95822/)

JMAtactical 08-21-2013 09:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok so I finally sold that Kershaw Groove and in its place I am buying two new knives instead of one more expensive one. The first gem is a Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara 2. I'm not usually a fan of the GFN scales but all the reviews are so good ill try it out. Second is the CRKT M16-1OZ. Ok so what is your take on these knives

Attachment 115089

Attachment 115090

Werminator 08-22-2013 05:02 PM

I personally have owned both. The Byrd is a great knife for the money... the crkt I went through 3 of them... I liked the knife but couldn't get my hands on one that would last...

mdauben 08-23-2013 03:13 AM

I've owned a couple of Byrd folders and I think they are great knives for the money. Perhaps not as refined as regular Spyderco knives but solid and dependable.

As far as the M16 knives, I know some people that really love them but I have not been impressed by the couple I have handled. I've got no long term experience with them, though.

Fathead00 08-23-2013 03:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just received my Benchmade Griptillian tanto knife today!!!!!!!!

Attachment 115262

JMAtactical 08-23-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00
I just received my Benchmade Griptillian tanto knife today!!!!!!!!

That's great man! I am waiting for my new knives to show up still. You will have to tell me how you like that bad boy. I need to get me a benchmade knife one of these days.

JMAtactical 08-23-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdauben
I've owned a couple of Byrd folders and I think they are great knives for the money. Perhaps not as refined as regular Spyderco knives but solid and dependable.

As far as the M16 knives, I know some people that really love them but I have not been impressed by the couple I have handled. I've got no long term experience with them, though.

Ya the Byrd is kind of a test for me. I wanted to try one out and see how I like them.

trip286 08-23-2013 03:11 PM

I hate anything CRKT. I've owned several, of different models including the M16 tanto. None of them have been worth a flying **** to me. My daily work knife is a Gerber mini paraframe. It beats my experiences with CRKT hands down in every damn category and at only $11.

The spyderco, I have no opinion on. I've handled a few but have never owned one. Have many friends over the years who swear by them.

Since Benchmade was brought up, I'll say, I think they're about the best damn production knife on the market. My carry knife that's really more for show than anything, is a first generation balisong, made well before they became known as Benchmade. It's more for show simply because it's an antique (or close to it) and one of the first models made. They still honor the warranty, but that doesn't mean I want to beat it up.

Fathead00 08-23-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAtactical

That's great man! I am waiting for my new knives to show up still. You will have to tell me how you like that bad boy. I need to get me a benchmade knife one of these days.

I've messed around with it and so far it is awesome!!! The only thing is I might switch the pocket clip to the other side.

JMAtactical 08-24-2013 03:10 AM

Heck ya man. Benchmade is one of those brands most people can't even hate on lol.

JMAtactical 08-24-2013 03:12 AM

Ok so I got both knives and I love the bryd. I HATE the tiny little pathetic CRKT. I love the M16 lime but I didn't read the description enough and got the smallest model they make. I am sending it back and instead I have the honor of beig able to buy knife carried in combat overseas by an American hero. I'm making a new thread and ill post pictures