Trying to sell an expensive knife
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Trying to sell an expensive knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Trying to sell an expensive knife

I have a Cold Steel Rajah1, which is a discontinued model. I've paid way over $350 towards $400 for it, it's been awhile I can't remember. It's been used quite a bit, I actually had to chop some wood with it for an emergency and it still has it's edge retention, I underestimated it for sure.

Since I have some bills that need to be paid I need to sell it. I prefer doing it locally. I've done backpage, craigslist, and armslist, no bite so far. I'm selling it for $220. With your guy's opinion, is that still too much?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #2

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Without a picture it is hard to tell. If it is in good shape, you may be able to get that much. The problem with the more expensive blades, like anything else, is that there is a limited market for them.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This one is obviously not mine thats what it looks like 6 inch blade AUS8 steel.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338

This one is obviously not mine thats what it looks like 6 inch blade AUS8 steel.
Since youve said that its been heavily used and even used to chop wood, you really need to post a pic of the actual knife as is, as im sure that it doesnt look new anymore and people want to see the actual item to evaluate its condition before making any offers or decisions.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #5

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Since you can't post a pic of your knife here I can only assume you didn't post one on Craigslist or the other places you tried to sell? My experience is that many people ignore ads for used items without pics. Taking and posting digital pics is so easy these days I just assume anyone selling without them is trying to hide something.

Take some clear, in focus pics that show the knife and it's condition and try posting your ads again.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree with Mdauben, that used items without pictures never get the same attention as those with pictures. digital pictures are very easy and if there are not pictures, i too wonder about the condition and makes me just look elsewhere.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #7

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338
I have a Cold Steel Rajah1, which is a discontinued model. I've paid way over $350 towards $400 for it, it's been awhile I can't remember. It's been used quite a bit, I actually had to chop some wood with it for an emergency and it still has it's edge retention, I underestimated it for sure.

Since I have some bills that need to be paid I need to sell it. I prefer doing it locally. I've done backpage, craigslist, and armslist, no bite so far. I'm selling it for $220. With your guy's opinion, is that still too much?
You wanted 220?
Pm an address and i will have a 2.20$ check in the mail for ya

Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You have to pardon me it took awhile to reply back to this thread, been away from the computer for awhile. Here is picture of my knife along with a roach belly I'm trying to sell. It's used but still in amazing condition. It's not the best picture, I need a new camera.