Training with a katana (kenjutsu) - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Training with a katana (kenjutsu)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3185 Times on 1808 Posts
Likes Given: 18433

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You can be embarrassed? I'd've never guessed!
Keep on keeping on Dango. I only wish I could handle a sword. I do fine chopping brush with a machete, and sometimes I day dream that I'm a samurai while doing it.
Yo trip , a happy weekend to ya ..! I will try to blush in my video for you bro..! just be kind , on ward and up ward..!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #32

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Ok so new question, I would like some help. What do you guys practice cuts on , dango or jägermeister, if you guys could giver some input it'd be great. Lately I practice on jugs, but I'm running out of jugs and I would like something a little hared to cut that requires more skill. That I can buy or easily make?

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

dango Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Hmm This thread is relative to my interests, prior to myself being stricken with
neuro- muscular disease. Master the blade, master your mind. mind of no mind Mushin....

Rei: Mokuso

Become steel or get cut.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Haven't done this in many years but out here where I live , there are many farmers markets ..! I look for spoiled Hams and large water melons ..!

Good thing is you can still eat the melons and use the spoiled hams twice , cuts and ballistics..!

Last edited by dango; 06-07-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Ok so new question, I would like some help. What do you guys practice cuts on , dango or jägermeister, if you guys could giver some input it'd be great. Lately I practice on jugs, but I'm running out of jugs and I would like something a little hared to cut that requires more skill. That I can buy or easily make?
FWIW...
You should practice on traditional Tameshigiri cutting mats. However they can be a bit pricey. It's been a long while since I've purchased, and the company I did business with isn't on the net anymore?

Search Ebay, or the net for Tatame Omote cutting targets you can find some cheapies at
http://www.swordsofmight.com/tameshigiricuttingmatsandstands.aspx

When you start cutting mats I urge you to use proper technique, and posture and ensure your blade is sharp. You'll understand immediately if your off.

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #36

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon

FWIW...
You should practice on traditional Tameshigiri cutting mats. However they can be a bit pricey. It's been a long while since I've purchased, and the company I did business with isn't on the net anymore?

Search Ebay, or the net for Tatame Omote cutting targets you can find some cheapies at
http://www.swordsofmight.com/tameshigiricuttingmatsandstands.aspx

When you start cutting mats I urge you to use proper technique, and posture and ensure your blade is sharp. You'll understand immediately if your off.
Hey thanks for the link man I will for sure be ordering from there, and I always use proper form and a sharp blade ......and dango I could deff find some spoiled ham and cheap melons thanks for the tip!

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

dango Likes This 
Old 06-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I am an old man. And now , it's about halving fun..! Now , I just like to play.! Once , it becomes so familiar to the point of losing passion for it , it's time to just play and have some fun with it..!

It has become a lot more fun and challenging ,
Trust me..! Eeek.!

It has become a whole lot easier to draw blood , mine perhaps..! One day , and it will come , with everyday BS's , it will lose it's luster..! That is when it becomes a formidable toy..! If ever I get that video posted , you will see just that , me having a ton of fun..!

PS: Still can't dance worth a crap...! Weeeee Haaaaa..!

Last edited by dango; 06-08-2013 at 03:02 AM.