Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Tote full of blades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Tote full of blades

I had almost the whole day off today, which for me is rare. Daughter was away on a sleepover and wife had shopping to do. Excellent.

So I went out to the garage to do some organizing. Part of that was re-packing a large Rubbermaid tote that is packed full of military knives and bayonets. Wrestled it to the end of the work bench, and went to town.

Did not think to take any pics of the piles of blades, until it was neatly packed again. So here is a pic of about 120 (150lbs+/-) miscellaneous blades.

Putting it back on the shelf was fun, and of course as soon as it was there I found another couple of dozen bayonets.

Next time the girls are out for a couple of hours I'll bring them inside and lay them all out for a group pic.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Damn now I have chub again.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

A tub full of knives? You have a tub full of knives? That just ain't right.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Pics of each and every knife or I call BS!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
A tub full of knives? You have a tub full of knives? That just ain't right.
You should have seen the gun room walls at the old house. Looked like the most dangerous rummage sale you could ever imagine. New gun room is layed out wrong and I think it will get the shields, spears and bows instead of the bayonets.

I found a box with about a half a dozen Turkish Mauser bayonets in the garage today. Big5 used to sell the rifles with all the accessories for $59. And I like Turkish Mausers. Ended up with a whole bunch of those bayonets, and they are great steel.

Found another box full of M16 bayonets too. And about a dozen L1A1 bayonets. 8 or 10 more British Enfield 1907 bayonets, too.

Might be time to start thinning out the herd.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-18-2011, 03:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Pics of each and every knife or I call BS!
Gonna be a group pic layed out on the living room floor. Good enough?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
You should have seen the gun room walls at the old house. Looked like the most dangerous rummage sale you could ever imagine. New gun room is layed out wrong and I think it will get the shields, spears and bows instead of the bayonets.

I found a box with about a half a dozen Turkish Mauser bayonets in the garage today. Big5 used to sell the rifles with all the accessories for $59. And I like Turkish Mausers. Ended up with a whole bunch of those bayonets, and they are great steel.

Found another box full of M16 bayonets too. And about a dozen L1A1 bayonets. 8 or 10 more British Enfield 1907 bayonets, too.

Might be time to start thinning out the herd.
M14s gun room...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #8

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Gonna be a group pic layed out on the living room floor. Good enough?
excellent.jpg  

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
M14s gun room...

Oh, do I wish!!! There is a series of photos taken in that room. It was the attorney for the NRA who passed away a couple of years ago. I forget his name, but he had one of the finest gun collections in the world.

My old gun room was just a spare room/den at our old house, but it was 22 feet long. My wife has no problems with me displaying cool stuff so I had a lot of it on display (hundreds of military blades) in that room. At the new house I gutted a spare bedroom, but it is about 6-7 feet shorter than the old den. I think the tribal blades, spears, shields, bows and such will get displayed here.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #10

Likes Given: 5

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington