throwing knives - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

throwing knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The longest throw for a knife is a little over 68 feet by joe darrah, he holds the world record. And he did it by hitting a round target that was 3 feet wide. If you do that 5 out 10 times that can be useful. If its for hunt small game or getting one more blow on a fleeing enemy. But for HD ill be using my shotgun haha just wanted to sure that cool record and I've been trying to beat it. Got 40 feet, 4 out of 10 times.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #22
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2501 Times on 1516 Posts
Likes Given: 13758

Quote:
Originally Posted by keginth View Post
The longest throw for a knife is a little over 68 feet by joe darrah, he holds the world record. And he did it by hitting a round target that was 3 feet wide. If you do that 5 out 10 times that can be useful. If its for hunt small game or getting one more blow on a fleeing enemy. But for HD ill be using my shotgun haha just wanted to sure that cool record and I've been trying to beat it. Got 40 feet, 4 out of 10 times.
Not bad man. 4 out of 10 at 40 feet is better than most of the throwers I have met. Good luck, and I hope you set the new record.

A friend of mine from high school is in the last year of his apprenticeship under his uncle in Bradford PA. As a tenth anniversary gift to my wife and me, he is making a set of 6 throwers. We may never use them, but we will always treasure them. When they are done and delivered, I will make sure to post pics.

Can't really help with a thrower recommendation. I prefer tomahawks myself.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Not bad man. 4 out of 10 at 40 feet is better than most of the throwers I have met. Good luck, and I hope you set the new record.

A friend of mine from high school is in the last year of his apprenticeship under his uncle in Bradford PA. As a tenth anniversary gift to my wife and me, he is making a set of 6 throwers. We may never use them, but we will always treasure them. When they are done and delivered, I will make sure to post pics.

Can't really help with a thrower recommendation. I prefer tomahawks myself.
Tomahawks are my favorite bc of the movie patriot. That an awesome seen and I'm sure those knifes are going to be nice for decoration.