Throwing knife targets

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Throwing knife targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Throwing knife targets

So we're out in the woods and I see my girlfriend tossing the folding knife I gave her at a log. I tell her a folding knife is not meant to be thrown and it will ruin the knife. I say if she wants a throwing knife I'll get her one. Well me and my big mouth... now she wants a throwing knife.

So what can I set up in the backyard at home as a practice target for a throwing knife? Is there a back stop that would work for both a throwing knife and a tomahawk? I'm thinking of getting one of those too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I usually throw into whatever old chunk of plywood might be around. A slice of a log a few inches thick works well also

001.jpg   002.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I got a piece of a cedar tree from a job site.

It's probably 18" around and I cut it, er, uh, I mean I found it and it was about 18 inches thick.

It works great for what little I throw at it. Mounted it on a 4 x 4 post, put a piece of conduit in the ground on the side of the house that had an ID just a bit bigger than the 4 x 4. I shaved the edges off the post with a planer and it just slips right in. Get done, pull it out and don't have to worry about weed eating around it.

I should dig that out and maybe practice a bit again.

JD