these two bayonets? (knives) worth anything?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > these two bayonets? (knives) worth anything?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default these two bayonets? (knives) worth anything?

Hey all,

Found these in my dads collection and they look pretty cool. I have found the USM8AI on ebay and have an idea of what its worth, but for all I know I could have a special one or one thats worth less..

The Frister & Rossmann knife is a bit more interesting.... I would love to know more about this knife and its potential value.

Here are a few pics:

And the album with all:
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/t-maxxracer32/library/knives?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for any info

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 648 Times on 383 Posts
Likes Given: 408

Don't know what the Value would be other then excellent since they were your Dads, that's worth more then Money IMO, nice knifes!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1890 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Bayonets were made by the thousands. They are seldom worth a lot of money. You see bayonets advertised in catalogs for big money but go to an auction you will see what a bayonet is really worth.

Check gunbroker and the other auction sites. I would just google Frister & Rossmann bayonet. You will find a recent auction somewhere.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 04-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6404 Times on 3203 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

I dont think you will find they are very valuable other than sentimental but both are in pretty nice shape. The top one is an M5 that went with the Garand, started making them in 53 and they made a hundred thousand plus of them. Good shape anywhere from $75 to $100. The second ones older, there were a thousand versions of them, not sure but maybe $150 on a really good day unless it turns out to be rare.

A couple hundred bucks or a hand me down to the grand-kids someday. I think you should hold on to them.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The longer of the two is a German m1898/05 bayonet, used during the First World War with the famous 8 mm. Mauser Gewehr 98. The ricasso marking stands for Actieneschellschaft vormals Frister & Rossman Berlin (Holding Company formerly Frister & Rossman, Berlin), the contractor who produced the bayonet. Frister & Rossman were a manufacturer of sewing machines that assembled bayonets during the War. The blade blanks were supplied by other blademaking firms. Some came from J.A. Henkels and carry their conjoined twins trademark on the opposite ricasso. If unsharpened, it would bring in the $150-$200 range pretty easily.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Very good info. Thank you for taking the time to post it up!